mrhonline

• Premium Member

The Hawks would have home-court advantage vs. Toronto:

Cleveland @ Boston

Indiana @ Detroit

Washington @ Orlando

Toronto @ Atlanta

...Hold on...

(Walks in front of mirror...Slaps self...Screams loudly).

Yep, this is real.

Can this team keep this level of play going, especially the D?

I believe the way Woody has this team playing disciplined D, we can keep up this pace.

It all comes down to coaching and our players actually executing it, and the way things are going now, with the players giving it their absolute ALL every night (which is such a hard thing to motivate players in the NBA to do), we could be a #5 seed type team.

Quote:

The Hawks would have home-court advantage vs. Toronto:

Cleveland @ Boston

Indiana @ Detroit

Washington @ Orlando

Toronto @ Atlanta

...Hold on...

(Walks in front of mirror...Slaps self...Screams loudly).

Yep, this is real.

Can this team keep this level of play going, especially the D?

Sometimes when a team starts to win they get falsely overconfident and end up back at square one. I think players start to think in terms of personl success and selfish confidence instead of team success and team confidence.

If we continue to build the team confidence there's no reason why we can't end up in 4th, 5th or 6th place.

7th and 8th are the spots that worry me. I at least want a CHANCE to survive the first round.

This will be the biggest test that Mike Woodson will have the rest of the year.

These young guys are tasting success now. Mike Woodson's job at this point is to keep them grounded enough that they don't lose their heads and ultimately the success they are having.

If Mike can keep these guys focused on the task at hand, one game at a time, and keep them humble and hungry for more wins, then we will know that he's the guy to coach this team.

This will determine Mike Woodson's future as the Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks, I think more than anything else that has happened in the past.

Quote:

Woodson needs to do his best Belicek impersonation to keep them grounded and focused on the next game and only the next game. He seems to be doing well thus far though, because JJ seemed pretty grounded in his postgame interview last night.

JJ basically said we haven't accomplished jack.

I hope the rest of the team feels like that and we come out strong after Christmas