• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Front Office Football 2007

Guest MLibid

Anyone play this before? It's a text-based football 'fantasy' game that you can either start out with real rosters or do a fantasy draft.

According to wikipedia:

Quote:

Front Office Football is a text sim which places you at the helm of an NFL football team. Designed by Jim Gindin, as part of his one man company, Solecismic Software, it has had six sequels: Front Office Football 2, Front Office Football 2001, Front Office Football 2002, Front Office Football 4, Front Office Football 2004, and Front Office Football 2007. Having received many favorable reviews over the years, it has been called the most realistic American Football simulation for the computer.[1]

Front Office Football 2004 was the first version that allowed for multi-player capability, resulting in the creation of several on-line leagues.

On Thursday October 26, 2006 Jim Gindin announced that Front Office Football 2007 was completed and released a demo that allowed players to play up until week two of the football season. The game was formally released to the public on Friday October 27, 2006 at a price of $39.99 American dollars. The new version saw numerous improvements designed for multiplayer leagues, a new system of rating players, and other refinements. On September 20, 2007, Jim Gindin released a free update to the game that included 2007 rosters and schedules, and numerous game enhancements. He has become well-known over the years for outstanding support via free game patches and updates.

Here are some screen shots:

fof2007back.jpg

green2007.jpg

It's really realistic, and it's mostly based on numbers. It's probably my favorite PC game recently and maybe even ever. I find myself playing this more than my new XBox 360. You have to pay for it though, and my bro paid $40 for it. The new version is coming out Fall 2008.

Just wondering if you guys ever heard of it or if you guys ever played it. If not, I REALLY recommend it if you're into studying numbers of football games and actually managing a real football team. It's EXTREMELY realistic.