• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumored trade with the Lakers

Packfill

I read a report that a deal with the Lakers was likely to go down - sending Theo in exchange for Horry, Fischer, Rush and the Lakers first round pick (I think #23).

Sounds awful to me. Really the only good thing is the #23 pick. The draft seems deep with talent but alot of that talent is in the form of potential which makes many of the picks risky.

We would get a guy who can complete our backcourt PG wise, a guy who has the potential to be a really good SG, a solid PF who will provide valueable leadership and solid backup minutes to Reef, and having 2 first round picks should help us to move up in the first if we are considering it all for Theo, who I like a lot, but you never know about his hip.

i would do it for three reasons...

#1 To get Robert Horry and cut him just so I can see Robert Horry get cut..I really hate that Will Smith wannabe guy.

#2 I think Rush has potential. He may be a good future Sg. But he has to put in the time.

#3 We'd have two 1st rounders that we could possibly use to move up in the draft...Two #1's and Glenn Robinson to Nuggets for their #1? Carmelo? not likely cuz they have sf's already but i can dream.

Horry only plays well in big game situations. He has been a below average player for most of the last 2 seasons. Seeing that we haven't had ANY big games in the last 3 years, we can't afford a guy who only plays well in certain situations.

Fisher is too slow on D and too one-dimensional on offense. He needs to give Shaq half his check because without Shaq kicking the ball out to him for wide open 3's, he'd be out of the league by now. I HATE his game. He flops more than Divac.

If we could trade Nazr/CC for Horry/Fisher I'd say no. That is how little I think of those two.

Rush has a chance to be good but his potential is not worth what Theo brings to the table. I can't see doing a big for small deal when the big guy is already better.

All a 2nd first round pick in the 20's will give us is another contract that will be guaranteed for 3 years. Unless our 2nd pick is higher than the #21 pick we already have, I'd rather have just one first round pick. The Celtics are trying to move one of their 2 first rounders for the reason I just described.

the celtics are stupid...all they should have done a couple of years ago was keep kenny anderson and add a big man...that's all they had to do...

no, they trade their 1st and johnson for bench players...

i think we could still trade up with our #1's for a higher #1 or even for a solid current player...

but i agree about fisher and horry...as soon as those guys leave l.a. and shaq, they'll be out of the league.

Only good thing about this trade is indeed Rush and the draft pick.

However, Horry his contract has an option so you would save 5.3 something million. Maybe the Hawks are trying to clear abit capspace?

Horry his contract isn't that horrible, you could use the opt out or trade him to a team needing the caproom (golden state for instance if they want to keep Arenas, or perhaps Miami who wants to increase their capspace for FA's)

So Horry could be a good asset, Rush was a lottery pick till he dropped to the Lakers lap (still don't know why) and the drft pick in this insane deep draft is a good thing.

Fisher however, plain awful. He has his career to thank to Kobe and Shaq whom the defense must pay attention too. Bibby has made his career out of exposing Fisher. Worst of all, he's signed for several more years.

Substitute Fisher in this deal and then I'm game, but a slow PG who's lousy on defense, needs to much time to get his shot and seems to be getting older to boot?

Fugeddaboutit!!

I have to agree with Traceman, this proposal blows. We give up an allstar quality defender and for what? Two past-their-prime'ers, a maybe, and a second-coming-of-Dion-Glover level first rounder? Thanks but no thanks. Fish can't play outside of the triangle offense, Horry is strictly big game (which, let's face it, the Hawks don't play many of those), and Rush, well maybe, but where's his playing time behind DerMarr and Dion (and probably Newble)?

Say no to Derek Fisher.I hate this guy!He has got

overrated for playing above his head for the 2000

playoffs.He played way above his head.Horry?He

can retire for all I care!Don't want open shot Rob.

Rush?Some people seem to be impressed with this

guy for whatever reason...He probably had a good

college career...But so did Ed Gray?