• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ravens fire Billick! Falcons hire Billick?

TroyMcClure

I think they should. The Ravens just fired him. Perhaps he and Ozzie did not see eye to eye on the way that team was constructed. He never had many weapons in Baltimore. They always went for defensive talent. Don't forget he is a Walsh disciple and was the Vikings offensive coordinator when we beat them in the 1998 NFC title game. That was, until this year, the highest scoring team in NFL History. He then led a defensive Ravens team to the title. Brian Billick is a highly intelligent football guy and my feeling is that he just needs a fresh start. It seems like it would be a perfect fit.

No thanks. We don't need another cocky coach with a marginal winning record.

However, if we DO have interest in Singletary, we need to move quickly. Before heading to San Fran, Singletary coached the Baltimore linebackers, including a future HOFer named Ray Lewis. And in most cases, a team hires a defensive-minded coach when replacing an O guy.

Imagine having someone like Marvin Lewis and Brian Billick as our coordinators? I don't want either as a head coach but I'd gladly have them roaming the sidelines as our coordinators. And you can toss Mike Martz into that same coordinator category.

Quote:

Great little video. Thump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's supposes to be an offensive guy and all they've ever had is defense. Go figure. Doesn't seem like the guy for us??????

He's never had player control. That has always been Ozzie Newsome. Ozzie played for The Bear at Alabama and for Schottenheimer with the Browns. He's old school defensive minded, and it shows. Billick is a brilliant football guy, imo. He's won a Super Bowl. Keep in mind, they had injuries this year. They did win 13 games last year. That's not a small number. My feeling is that if you give him a few weapons, he can get it done. I think he would be a great choice because he's the smartest person available. He has a system and learned it from the best. Also, his terminology in the playbook is virtually interchangeable with many of the other west coast teams. FA's would undoubtedly pick up things quicker. As we all know, that was a major problem this year. We may miss out on the best available coach because we don't have a GM. Seriously, there is no competition between a Singletary type and someone like Billick. He is a proven co-ordinator and head coach. His resume' can't be touched by the other candidates.

Just a guess, but I think Billick would retain Zimmer and Thomas.

You make several good points. There are not many guys out their who have been established and bring a reputation. He definately has the MATURITY that our last two coaches lacked and that's huge when it comes to getting player's respect.

That would be huge for us and if he is the guy keeping Zimmer and Thomas would help the make over.