• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs are terrible

Vafan

Quote:

Hope they weren't as bad as the announcers made them out to be..

blush.gif

On the missed call of the dunk after the shotclock expired there at the end - it was pretty obvious. You could hear the buzzer go off before hearing the thunk of the dunk. Absolutely no excuse for the refs not checking the replay on that one and turning it around.

You could tell by postgame comments that all pretty much knew that it was a missed call. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, but you never know.

Quote:

Hawks coach Mike Woodson spent a considerable amount of time in the second half bickering with the game officials over a discrepancy in second-half free-throw attempts that favored the Nets to the tune of a 23-7 advantage with just over five minutes to play.

And the chatter was hardly one-sided, as the officials that engaged Woodson returned as much verbal fire as they received. But it was Hawks forward Marvin Williams that got the technical for arguing with the officials.

He got one with 4:48 to play, after he fouled out.
Joe Johnson followed him 24 seconds later when he picked up his sixth foul but didn't say a word as he walked to the bench.

LINK

I did not get to see the game but please tell me that JJ gave the refs something to call a foul for. The refs refuse to give us calls. I hope we gave them some tech-fouls slap.gif