• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gut Check Time for Ownership

AnakinJoe

No one can convince me that any GM would prefer to have 8 players on rookie contracts rather than have some productive veterans on the roster. So I will always maintain that our bottom 5 payroll salary is a result of cheap owners as opposed to BK proactively trying to manage to a cost per win metric.

That being said, it is time for the owners to step up and deliver a productive big man within the next 2 weeks. Shelden and Zaza have become completely ineffective and Horford has hit the mythical "rookie wall". Personally, I don't think a Gasol, Curry or JON is required. I'd take a Stromile Swift, Johan Petro or Dan Gadzuric type of player. Anyone who can alter a shot, bang a penetrator and grab some boards for about 20-24 minutes a game. Heck, I might even stomach a Dale Davis, Tony Massenburg or Olowakandi sequel just to show me that the owners are paying attention.

Pretty soon, the players will recognize that they continue to go into these games under-equipped to win. And they will begin to understand that the owners are denying them a real chance to sneak into the postseason. Once that happens this season is lost. Step up owners. Replace the ineffective weapons we're using now for a gun (albeit one with 2-3 bullets left). Just don't keep sending them into the battle with a plastic spork.

Great post.

I find it amazing BK (yes, I saw him at the game last night) and the owners (assuming they do actually watch the games) can watch Shelden and ZaZa in the last 4 games and not be nauseated at how nauseating their performances have been. If we had real owners, we'd probably be making a trade or coaching move tomorrow, but I seem to doubt that will happen given the incompetency of our owners.

So expect a lottery team (that is, everyone on our team is a lottery pick) for the rest of the season