• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford for at least 35 mpg or More

Highpozt

With Lo Wright and ZaZa absolutely looking atrocious, Al Horford will need to be increase his mpg. No time for rookie development. The good news is Al H is a mature player with a crafty game for a rookie. Woody will have to just trust Al H. to clock 35 mpg or more. Even if Al does nothing more than give you his 8.8 ppg and 9.3 rpg he is better than any rotation with Za Za or Lo. Apparently Woody is thinking that way because Al is already playing 30 mpg as a rookie. This likely indicates Za Za and Lo look awful in practice. Hawks need a legitimate back-up big man by trade deadline. The question is do we have a package attractive enough to do it. Shelden, AJ or Lue would be in the package.

The only reason that Al isn't getting that right now is because he is getting into foul trouble early. If he stays out of foul trouble then Woody will give him the minutes.

2 words -----FOUL TROUBLE

Woody would play Horford 35 minutes a night but it is extrememly difficult for a post player to play that many minutes with a hard nosed, high energy mentality, and not get in some foul trouble thoughout the course of a game. Especially when it is your assignment to guard the oppositions best post scorer. They will be trying to draw fouls against you all night.

When Horford is in foul trouble I'd like to see Woody continue to pull a Don Nelson and play Smoove at center to force the oppostion to adjust to us. Play small ball and push the tempo if the matchups that night allow it.

I saw the Warriors beat the Spurs for the 2nd time this season last night. Do you know who was guarding Duncan most of the night and in crunch time ? A 6'9'' foward / tweener in Al Harrington.....Bedrinas was strattled to the bench with foul trouble.

Quote:

The only reason that Al isn't getting that right now is because he is getting into foul trouble early. If he stays out of foul trouble then Woody will give him the minutes.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't refresh the page to see you beat me to it by 5 minutes.

Next season and hopefully later this season the refs may cut Horford some slack. Theres no secret that rookies get some cheap fouls called against them their rookie season when guarding veterans.

I agree foul trouble is why he is not playing 35 mpg however the reason why we do need Al H for 35 mpg is because Za Za and Lo Wright have been miserable. Za Za in particular is young, and I thought for certain he was improving last year. In fact he looks worst now than at any point as a Hawk. Hawks might do better to grab a Development League Player. With 15 wins and 16 loses --- one piece in particular a Big Man in the middle may be the difference in a 40+ win season. It looks as if the plug has already been pulled on Za Za with Al playing so many minutes. The question is what do the Hawks do to fix it quick. I am pretty certain if the Hawks don't make the playoffs this is it for Woody.

Quote:

The only reason that Al isn't getting that right now is because he is getting into foul trouble early.

Amare gets in foul trouble a lot too. That is one of the problems you face when starting an undersized center. Amare plays only 31 minutes per game.

Amare is 4th in the league in fouls per game. horford is 7th.

Quote:

Quote:

The only reason that Al isn't getting that right now is because he is getting into foul trouble early.

Amare gets in foul trouble a lot too. That is one of the problems you face when starting an undersized center. Amare plays only 31 minutes per game.

Who are the top 10 in fouls per game ? Where can some one look that up ?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who are the top 10 in fouls per game ? Where can some one look that up ?

fouls

Thanks !

I'm on NBA.com every day but never realized they tracked this.

Hawks have 3 guys in top 27 in the NBA in fouls per game. Not necesarilly a bad thing.....it means we have 3 young guys who play agreesive basketball. It's actually refreshing to see Marvin in there and mixing it up. He is drawing a ton of fouls too.

I have to go look up who leads the league in free throw attempts per game now. If Marvin can crack the top 15 that is outstanding agression for a 21 year old 6'9'' kid.

Quote:

Thanks !

I have to go look up who leads the league in free throw attempts per game now. If Marvin can crack the top 15 that is outstanding agression for a 21 year old 6'9'' kid.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FreeT...tDD=All%20Teams

Smith and Williams are both hovering right around #15 in the league for free throw attempts per game. Very encouraging to see both our 6'9'' youngsters attacking the rim and geting easy points at the FT line.

Law will start to get tothe line alot with his dribble penetration........he just needs consistent minutes to be what he can be.