• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the new forums help with name changes?

Guest MLibid

I've wanted to have my old account back (jzrith) for a while now, but I was told that it's hard to change your name, so I had to make a new account last year. And I wanted the word 'Libid' to be included in my username for personal reasons. I know it's not a big deal, but for some reason, I keep thinking it is. And if we're going to change to maybe a different forum with name changing options, can the admins please change my name to Libid21 please?

Quote:

We aren't changing forum software. We have simply done a re-design of the look of the site and added some new functionality. As far as I know it's not possible to change your name. Why don't you just create a new account for Libid21?

That would make it my third account username (and I ran out of emails and I doubt the admins will accept it), and all I am asking for is a name change due to privacy reasons. I know all the blame should go on me, but I guess you guys can't change it, so I don't know.

Why the forum was designed so well but without name changing abilities is beyond me...

It's not about the forum design, it's about the software and the database and that was something that the creators of the software apparently didn't feel was needed. Why does it matter how many accounts you have? You don't have an overwhelming post count, just start over. Hell I think Diesel has had 3-4 names throughout his time on Hawksquawk and I bet 75% or more of the posters here don't even know that.

Quote:

It's not about the forum design, it's about the software and the database and that was something that the creators of the software apparently didn't feel was needed. Why does it matter how many accounts you have? You don't have an overwhelming post count, just start over. Hell I think Diesel has had 3-4 names throughout his time on Hawksquawk and I bet 75% or more of the posters here don't even know that.

Oh.

I don't think the admins will accept though. I've had an account called Libid21 in the validation process for a while. If you go look at the topics in this sub forum you can find my topic where I had no reply, so I took it for granted that admins don't want me to make a new name...

Nope, feel free to create a new account. New accounts don't have to be approved either so I'm not sure why you would have one waiting to be approved. Try and create a new account with the name that you want and as long as that name hasn't been used already you should be fine. You might have to use a different email address but that's the only issue I could see with it.

As for the admin issue, there are only 2 admins for this site, Chillz and Kudzu and I'm sure if they had seen your post they would have responded. It's not easy to keep up with all of the posts that there are on Hawksquawk if you aren't on here many times a day.