• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trading GROB to NEW JERSEY is a possibility!!!

cyman3

Before u say its impossible to trade GROB, hear me out

Theres two ways to approach it...

1)NJ keeps JASON KIDD. Remember hearing the phrase- "If u cant play with Jason, u cant play at all!"??? I believe Tolbert said that. What im trying to say is this- if Jason resigns with the Nets, they are good to go on the fullcourt. But on the halfcourt setup, they cannot rely on KENYON MARTIN (as u can see from game 5 and 6). Kerry Kittles is the ultimate "SET YOUR FEET" shooter. Jefferson/Kidd/inconsistant MARTIN are the only three that can create on their own. They need help on offense at the half-court set. And wats GROBs speciality??? give him the ball, let him go to work on the perimeter.

2)NJ loses JASON KIDD. Okay, they are screwed. Wheres the offense coming from? If he leaves, NJ's offensive production will decrease from all players. They will need more offensive players. While i cant see KITTLES/JEFFERSON out of the starting lineup, one of them (most likely Kittles) will be the oddman out. Move Jefferson to the 2guard spot.

-GROBs contract ends in 2 years. If next year was his last year, he would be EASY TO TRADE. Hes not as "UNMOVABLE" as people think. I think we can get some players from the NETS for GROB.... we wont be able to get KIDD/MARTIN/JEFFERSON, but other than those 3... i think we can some solid role players.

I think GROB for KITTLES work... would u guys think? Does KITTLES have enough handles to work at the 2-guard spot without Jason Kidd? Kittles does have above average defense and he is a good SPOT-UP shooter. Let Jason create and Kittles hit that open 3.

i think it can work... wat do u guys think?

It's not a great trade but we would get rid of No defense playing Glenn Robinson. Kittles is a pretty decent player and plays solid defense. I guess he and Dermarr(if he is signed) can platoon the shooting guard position and a resign Ira Newble can play the 3spot.

starting lineup: Terry,Kittles,Newble, Rahim, and Ratliff??

Robinson/Dickau for Kittles/Jefferson works, salary wise.

If we threw in the #21, maybe NJ would go for it.

Actually, though, Kenyon Martin should be traded now. He bashed Van Horn last year and got him run off. Now, K-Mart goes 3-23 in the deciding game? Off with his head!

But being serious, I'd rather just sign Lucious Harris for $3-4 mil. Good shooter, good ballhandler, would love the chance to be a starting SG.

I doubt anybody wants Dog, but you're overrating Jefferson. But, so does everyone else.

If you can overlook the athleticism, you get a skinny SF who can't dribble or shoot. NJ fans treat him like we do JT. We know he's a good player, but we wonder if there might be someone better fit for this team out there.

Kidd doesn't need help handling the rock, but he's not a shooter. NJ can't play in the halfcourt because they only have one decent shooter, Kittles.

If you can overlook the athleticism, you get a skinny SF who can't dribble or shoot. NJ fans treat him like we do JT. We know he's a good player, but we wonder if there might be someone better fit for this team out there."

He's also a good slasher and isn't overweight like GR.The

Nets aren't going to trade for someone that isn't even

a better player than Jefferson.Dog is not a better player

than RJ.

there's a joke really...I can see where you're coming from...but RJ's probably a slightly better scorer on his own, Marion's got much better range...but the one thing that truly sets them apart...Board work. Look at Marion's stats on the boards...they're truly commendable.

Ahem...I said: "I doubt anybody wants Dog, but you're overrating Jefferson. But, so does everyone else."

No, NJ would never trade Jefferson for Robinson. But, I don't discount the possibility of them looking for another SF this summer. One with a better jumper and better handles.

Vince Carter is old news... some even call him a scrub. His no-name cousin Tracy McGrady got more popular then him over the years (who woulda guessed that back in the days?)...

RJ is a poormans Vince Carter. Even without Kidd, i think RJ can succeed in this league with his athleticism and his slashing game. If his shots arent going in, he can always drive and get the foul. He does have potential to be an allstar though...

That comparison looks good... sound about right. How we look at JT = the way Nets look at RJ. So having that in mind, would U TRADE JT for GROB (assuming GROB played for a different team?)...

probably not! so in that case, even if we threw in that mid/low first-rounder i dont see NJ biting.

--------------------------------------------------------

However, i do see Kittles cleared for a trade if the right offer came up. Robinson does have better numbers than Kittles.

As for Harris, its a possibility that he can come here... but if i was him, id follow wherever JASON KIDD goes.. lol