Do Hawks have any "true" players?

Gray Mule

Maybe we have one or two and that's all - - -

(If we are to believe some people)

Horford - Not a true center.

Josh S. - Not a true PF.

Marvin W. - Not a true SF.

JJ - Is he "really" a pure 2 guard?

Of all our PG players, is there even one true PG?

Maybe JJ passes the test. That means we have one "true"

player and everyone else is out of position!

With a 15 man roster, we should have more than one that

would qualify, don't you think.

Sure, we could move players around and find a player

that would qualify as a "true" fit.

Dang! Dang! Dang!

Hey, wait. We have a roster of "true" players. They

get the job done on a regular basis by being, not

"true" position players, but athletes. Guess we'll

have to settle with winning with what we've got.

heart.gif

Yeah GM, I guess JJ is the guy who is a "true" player playing his real position...using his skills in a traditional fashion, although we rely too much on him to be a playmaker. AJ would be there too. Marvin seems to be playing where he should be at the 3. Lo spends most of his time where he should at this stage of his career too (the bench).

But you're right that we have a lot of tweeners and guys playing out of position.

That said - I always look at teams on a 5-point scale. League laughingstocks - bad teams - inconsistent teams - good teams - championship contenders. We were stuck in the laughingstock position for a good while but this year we have advanced to "inconsistent" (so far)...so I guess I can't criticize BK's "tweener" philosophy too much.

who cares? Look at the suns. Nash is there only "true" player at there position and maybe grant hill. Barbosa is underzied for a sg and bell is not a sf. Also diaw is not a PF and Amare not a C. However them like us have many versatile players. Who cares if there not "true" as long as you win. That was my case a few years ago with one of my old coaches. He said I wasnt tall enough to play the post but not fast enough to be a wing. I look at it as I was versatile and could play all 5 positions and a good shooter.

Quote:

who cares? Look at the suns. Nash is there only "true" player at there position and maybe grant hill. Barbosa is underzied for a sg and bell is not a sf. Also diaw is not a PF and Amare not a C. However them like us have many versatile players. Who cares if there not "true" as long as you win.

Damn right. Magic was a 6'9 point guard which is by no means the size of a "true" PG. That worked out rather well as I recall. We have accumulated a large number of quite talented players even though they are considered tweeners. I cannot wait to see how this season plays out. When this team is serious about defensive effort, it seems like it would be exhausting to play against. Every where on the floor is a long, quick, young, and very athletic player. Older teams simply cannot keep up for 48 minutes.