• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Way to fight back tonight...This team gives 100%

DavidSomerset

People can [censored] and moan about this team all they want, but NO ONE can accuse this team of not giving it their all.

What a great job by Woody to have this team motivated every single night playing their hardest...That is such a difficult thing to accomplish in today's NBA...Most teams are just lazy as hell.

I am tired of hearing "the team has quit on Woody"...That can't be farther from the truth.

Good to put a pair of wins together against teams that are competing for those last 2 or so playoff spots with us.

Keep it up, Hawks!!!

eheheh.gifeheheh.gifeheheh.gif

Quote:

What a great job by Woody to have this team motivated every single night playing their hardest...That is such a difficult thing to accomplish in today's NBA...Most teams are just lazy as hell.

I couldn't agree more as the one thing you have to give these guys credit for is that they play hard - every night and that's a tribute to the coach.

You know, I loved their defense tonight. I think this more than anything else helped them to win the game.

Josh Smith's blocks were a great help, but the entire team forced Philly to run out the shot clock at least 4 times.

We already know that the Hawks can score, now they need to play D like this every night.

Mark

• Moderators

They do play hard and they haven't quit on Woody

but

I think you're overstating things a little. They were down by 20 in the first quarter and most teams in the league would not have let us back into it. I'm not trying to belittle what they did but coming out that flat on a regular basis is a little alarming. You can blame it on youth but this is three years with the same core of players and same coach and we still can't come out with any intensity half the time? We have a first quarter like that against the Lakers and we will be buried.

I'm not into being negative on the Hawks just realistic. I love this team and the way they play but they need to play 4 quarters of basketball every night to get to the next level.