• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We desperately need a trade--this could get ugly

BHayley

The Problem

1) Our core 6 or 7 guys are playing WAY TOO MANY MINUTES.

The Rookie of the Year (Al Horford), has been playing like 35 minutes a game lately. Normally, at this time of year, his season is winding down and he's getting ready for the tourney. However, I have serious anxiety about him playing these types of minutes for the next 2 months.

Guys like Childress and Joe could get hurt any given time because we depend on them so much.

2) We don't have any good backups to help out Smoove and Horford. ZaZa gets worse and worse, Lorenzen is only used against Ilgauskas, Shelden is Shelden, and Solomon is too weak.

The Solution

Trade for a Petro or Aaron Williams who can log some minutes and get this burden off our guys' backs, especially Horford. Maybe try get a trade with Portland somehow.

Winning is nice, but you gotta think about our guys' health in less than 2 months

My hope is that the ASG will let him add payroll by trading away expiring players because teams aren't going to give us expiring players in exchange for our expiring players under most circumstances so they will have to agree to let BK make moves that will add to next years payroll at least and I'm not convinced that they will unfortunately. I would love to move our expiring contracts for some quality veterans that can help make the playoff push without giving up our core.

Whether we make a trade or not, we need to use our bench more. Play Law at SG sometimes if you're not comfortable with him at PG. Let Joe rest. Why not let Shelden play a bit more and see what he can do? There's no point sending all our guys to the hospital just so we can get swept in the first-round of the playoffs.

Quote:

My hope is that the ASG will let him add payroll by trading away expiring players because teams aren't going to give us expiring players in exchange for our expiring players under most circumstances so they will have to agree to let BK make moves that will add to next years payroll at least and I'm not convinced that they will unfortunately. I would love to move our expiring contracts for some quality veterans that can help make the playoff push without giving up our core.

That pretty much sums it up. Seems to be the reality of the situation.

Hell we might not be able to re-sign them both even if we don't add somebody for next year. I am terrified of the ownership mess right now and I have to say that if this ends up costing us one of our core players I would no longer follow the Hawks.

I suggested someone like Craig Smith in my thread. And even someone at the least like a Mad dog Madsen to bring tougness and attitude off the bench. Zaza is way too soft. Im still want Kareem Rush on this team too. We need someone who can shoot the 3 and play the 2 with size (to play next to lue and law).

Quote:

The Problem

1) Our core 6 or 7 guys are playing WAY TOO MANY MINUTES.

The Rookie of the Year (Al Horford), has been playing like 35 minutes a game lately. Normally, at this time of year, his season is winding down and he's getting ready for the tourney. However, I have serious anxiety about him playing these types of minutes for the next 2 months.

Guys like Childress and Joe could get hurt any given time because we depend on them so much.

2) We don't have any good backups to help out Smoove and Horford. ZaZa gets worse and worse, Lorenzen is only used against Ilgauskas, Shelden is Shelden, and Solomon is too weak.

The Solution

Trade for a Petro or Aaron Williams who can log some minutes and get this burden off our guys' backs, especially Horford. Maybe try get a trade with Portland somehow.

Winning is nice, but you gotta think about our guys' health in less than 2 months

Only one player is playing too much minutes and that's JJ. 33-35 mins/game for the starters aren't a lot and is encourage because you don't want scrubs in the game for a long period of time.

If only Woody can use Acie and Solo effectively, JJ wouldn't have play this much minutes...