• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT & the ballhandler

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Having seen Alvin Williams' name on another thread, I wondered if he would be a good complement to JT. What are you guys' thoughts? Does JT need to play with an *excellent* ballhandler in the backcourt, or does he simply need *another* ballhandler. It's a subtle distinction, but acquiring the right one could determine whether the Hawks make the playoffs or not.

Some mentionables: Eric Snow, Alvin Williams, Nick Van Exel, Aaron McKie, Larry Hughes, Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley, Jeff McInnis, Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels, Bob Sura, Brent & Jon Barry, Wesley Person, Ricky Davis, Latrell Sprewell, Eddie Jones, Jerry Stackhouse, et al.

If you had your choice, which player/type of player would you choose to play alongside JT?

My preferences would be Derek Anderson, Brent Barry, or Latrell Sprewell.

because I think they would bring the same quality things to the table as the guys you suggested. I think Jones is the best of the bunch all around and would be the best fit because he is such a great defender. Anderson would be a great choice if he could stay healthy but he's almost like the Marcus Camby of SGs with his injury problems - there always seems to be SOMETHING wrong with him. Come to think of it though, ALL 5 of those guys have had some fairly recent injury problems so who knows?

I'd probably take Spree...cause, in reference to my other post, me provides some personality and leadership, like it or not. That's not to say that someone like Jones (the perfect fit imo...cept that contract and age) aren't "better suited" on a skill set, but there's a slight xfactor that truly matters as far as this team is composed as is (much like Webber and crew in SacTown...he needed the others around him, Bibby wants it)

Derek Anderson would be hard to turn down though

I think it was a year or two ago when guys like Jeff McInnis and Larry Hughes were free agents and I wanted them badly for the sack of hieght as well as skill. But then I realized that they are, sort of, in the same league, so-to-say, as JT; so, I'm not to sure now.

I'm not to big on some of the guys on your list, but the ones that do pop are A.Williams, R.Davis, E.Jones and J.Stackhouse. I don't really see Stackhouse going anywhere. I like Williams for the fact that he is a tall point. Jones is the leader-type player that we need. But, out of these players, Davis seems the most likely take. He's got the skills and the attitude. He wants to be the main guy, the main scorer. I think him and JT would fit pretty well together.