• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to pony up who do Hawks draft 1st and 2nd

thescout10

Who do the Hawks draft in the 1st and 2nd round is the question.The more I read about Diaw while his size is intriguing I am starting to wonder if he can really play point guard. Since most of us have not seen him I hope the Hawks know what they are doing if they draft him. A few things to consider in who Hawks draft.

1.If Terry resigns does he go back to point guard? I think the Hawks want a better guard who can be an exceptional passer but score second unlike Terry who does the opposite. If Diaw is as good a passer that reports say he is then he may be the best pick as the 21st selection.

2.Shooting guard - If Terry is back at point guard and Hawks still hesitate on D Johnson and provided Jaarvis hayes is not available who do the Hawks draft.Aleeksander Pavlovic may be the best available shooting guard provided he is on the board.Josh Howard may be the pick but I think he could be available in the second.

3.Small Forward - If the Hawks get rid of Glen Robinson and Hayes is not available who is available? Zarko Cabakarpo is being compared to Toni Kukoc but probably won't be available.Josh Howard I don't think can play small forward as a starter.Ndubi Ebi may be the best pick at 21 but he won't be ready for a few years which considering if the Hawks are rebuilding waiting for 2005 free agency then it may be a wise choice.

4.Power forward -- While SAR puts up good numbers I wish the Hawks had a physical force at power forward. Since the Hawks have more pressing needs in the 1st roud and no decent player will be available in the second pass on this position.

5. Center --The Hawks need more size up front --Ratliff is to small to play the big centers! I do not see a center out there in the second unless Slavko Vranes who has no offense or a slow Kendrick Perkins is available in the second round.I forgot to mention if James Lang drops to 21 which I doubt would be a good pick is 6-11 and 310 pounds.

Two things I want out of this draft(point guard and swingman who plays off guard and mostly small forward).Considering Terry will probably resign here are my possibilities for this draft.

1. The pick is Diaw, while I wish Jarvis Hayes were available and my no 1 choice point guard is crucial to a teams success.Look at it this way do the Hawks like Terry at point of off guard.Seems off guard is where Terry will be. Diaw would provide matchup problems at 6-9 for any point guard but can he guard the quick point guards in the league.Unless Pavlovic drops to play off guard then Diaw may have the most potential.

2.Second round - If Diaw is selected and Terry goes to 2 guard Josh Howard may be the pick.I know the Hawks seem to like Travis Hansen who is compared to Graig Ehlo and who knows may play point guard for the Hawks if Diaw is not drafted.

If these players were available the Hawks probably would select them.

Jarvis Hayes in the first

Travis Hansen second

or Josh Howard

These are my opinions and the draft is less than 2 days away.Should be interesting.

I'm tempted heavily with Dahntay Jones in the second...unless the Clipps take him right before us and get his clone (?not huge college knowledge) to replace Maggette

OK.

First Round - The Hawks trade up with Golden State and select Reece Gaines of Louisville.

Second Round - With Gaines being selected in the first, the Hawks need a player that can take over Ira Newble's reserve swingman role. The Hawks will select Ronald Dupree of Louisiana State.