• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts on Bibby

Vafan

Here are my thoughts on Bibby. 14 million is a lot of money, but it is not our money they are spending but the owners. So we shouldn't get too upset. Plus his contract ends next season, so he becomes a highly coveted asset if things don't work out here. Bibby is also an upgrade because Lue won't get any pt now. Also, it puts AJ back to the bench where he is a plus bench player and not a subpar starter. Plus, Bibby brings outside shooting which we despartely need. I like this trade.

Quote:

As long as Law isn't in the trade and any picks are well-protected, it's a win-win.

I can only explain the negativism around here as your typical Hawks' fan whining.

I really don't understand all the negative stuff about Bibby.

What else should we do? Just keep plodding along with the same guys? Gee that sounds like a great plan! At this point, Hawks fans should welcome ANYTHING being done, because the group we have at the present time ISN'T GETTING IT DONE!

If the season ended today WE WOULD BE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!

We have to do something!

I agree with you guys. Hawks fans saying this is not an upgrade to our team is funny. We get a proven pg and shed alot of fat on this team that doesnt even play. Is Bibby Chris Paul or Deron Williams? No. But good luck in trying to acquire those guys.

We still need to get a shooter with size and a servicable 5 to take the heat off AL a little bit.

On my part it's not negativism, it's caution. Like I say, I think his play will pick up with a change of scenery. But we have to acknowledge that his game has been going down, and this is a little bit of a gamble. Anyhow, I would certainly be willing to take it if we're not giving up any real goods. I just hope his play will pick up again.

Interestingly enough, this post is representative of several on the realgm board. I found it surprising?

Look we have 3 veteran stars on this team (I won't argue the definition of a star now), 1 of them have to go, and unfortunately the most expendable one is Mike Bibby.

If we trade Bibby for expiring we may be losing value wise, but that would put us in a situation where we can determine what to do with Artest, and O would love to be able to deal with that not being hancuffed by a very pressuring salary cap.

Bibby is worth more the SWilliams, but if that's what it takes to deal him, then so be it, we need the financial freedom, and we need another big body.

They also seem to be pretty upbeat about Shelden. Go figure????