• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ebi, Arenas, #21, and #11.

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6165400.htm

Maybe GS is proposing a trade with the Hawks? Ebi is not really a true first rounder. So, GS get 2 #1s from us for #11. They also get to keep Arenas? IF this is true, then it's breath taking to say the least.

All in all though, it could be. That would mean that we get #11. Thought through, I think we can do better than Gaines. Maybe Banks?

Diesel, take it from a person who's watched Reece Gaines in person every single home game and on television on every single away game (well, some in person) since he arrived at U of L as a young freshman hailing from Wisconsin. Take it also from a person who has also watched Marcus Banks play in a few games on television this year.

Gaines is the real deal. Gaines is a sure pick - he has the makings to be a solid, contributing starter at either the 1 or 2 position - and possibly even a superstar. He has everything the Hawks could want - great range, great shot, explosiveness, defensive prowess (especially off-the-ball), athleticism, intensity, leadership, maturity (thanks to his four years as well as having a great family, whom I know personally), intelligence, great court vision, good ball handling, and phenomenal slashing ability. As I outlined in a post I wrote I think a month ago about Gaines, he does have his negatives. But - trust me - the positives far, far outweigh the negatives, all of which can be easily corrected through learning in the pros.

Banks, on the other hand, could be the type of player who magically disappears at the bottom of the bench in every game. If we're picking between Banks and Gaines, in my opinion, it would be moronic to choose Banks over Gaines.

Trust me, Hawks fans. Reece Gaines would be the precise, perfect type of player the Hawks are looking for to be in the backcourt with J-Ter.

And - dare I say it? In two or three seasons, he could turn out to be the Hawks' true leader.

I love hearing this rumor and I hope Knight takes it, for the future of the Hawks.

Hawks4ever,

I am with you. Forget trading up for a combo guard. The kid may turn into a perennial all-star or he could be a solid contributer ... but, why gamble?

I say we wait it out.

Get rid of the driftwood in Big Loaf and wait until the draft next year.

I like Boris. Tall. Would compliment Terry quite well. Has the fundamentals down.

Play.