• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about the MLE

Admin

Did we have a MLE exception to use this year? I don't remember if you automatically get that every year or if the only teams that get that are teams that are over the cap.

If we did get it then we should still have it, right? If that's the case then that gives us enough room to sign a couple of veteran bigs for the remainder of the season. Without that I'm not sure how we will be able to simply sign someone since we are now over the cap. I guess we would have to make a trade. I would love to see if we could get Petro for Salim.

Every team gets the MLE regardless of whether or not you are above the salary cap. For teams under the cap more than the MLE, it does not make sense for them to keep it because it has a caphold. Because of this, teams under the cap more than the MLE renounce it because it hurts them.

I don't remember our salary situation this offseason but if we were below the cap more than the MLE then I would assume we don't have it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't remember our salary situation this offseason but if we were below the cap more than the MLE then I would assume we don't have it.

We were not. We had about $1.5M in space before signing West to a minimum deal. I think it's safe to assume they kept it.