Horford's future

exodus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can totally agree with you on that. They can't afford to let that kid go. They thought the uproar after the Charlotte games was bad...oh ho. If they, for whatever way, let Smoove go, they will witness the most vitriol-laden backlash that they have even seen.

An improved Horfy playing alongside an older J Smoove next year will be a sight to see.

Quote:

Ok, then obviously I'm going to want Horford to play 80% or more of his minutes at C.

Smoove at the 3 is just a flat out terrible idea.

I don't see the correlation between those two statements. smith spends more time at center right now than at the 3.

If Smith plays 30 minutes a game at the 4 that leaves 18 minutes at the 4 for someone else. I am not understanding your math.

Quote:

I don't see the correlation between those two statements. smith spends more time at center right now than at the 3.

If Smith plays 30 minutes a game at the 4 that leaves 18 minutes at the 4 for someone else. I am not understanding your math.

If Josh Smith and Al Horford are both starters and you want Horford at the 4, Josh Smith can't possibly be at the 4 at the same time which means he is away from his best position

Quote:

Quote:

If Josh Smith and Al Horford are both starters and you want Horford at the 4, Josh Smith can't possibly be at the 4 at the same time which means he is away from his best position

Thank you.

Quote:

Quote:

Again with the lack of reading comprehension.

I made no mention of who starts where. This poll is strictly about distribution of minutes between the 4 and 5.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.

LOL RIF

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, then obviously I'm going to want Horford to play 80% or more of his minutes at C.

Smoove at the 3 is just a flat out terrible idea.

Ok, I'll say it another way.

Whenever Smoove is in...I want him at the 4.

Whenever Horford is in at the same time as Smoove...I want him at the 5.

Otherwise, sure Horford can play the 4 when Smoove isn't in, so long as it works.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.

LOL RIF

Josh Smith plays 35.5 mpg...If I were coach, every single one of those minutes would be at the 4.

That only leaves 12.5 mpg of time open at the 4.

Horford is going to be getting a lot of minutes at C...I'm not sure how many minutes per game you are expecting him to play.

Quote:

And that does not mean that Horford would have to spend 80% of his minutes at the 5.

Even if Smith played 35 minutes at the 4 that would leave 13 minutes at the 4 available for Horford. Assuming that Horford played 35 minutes a game and 13 at the 4 that would mean 22 minutes (63%) at center.

Quote:

Quote:

And that does not mean that Horford would have to spend 80% of his minutes at the 5.

Even if Smith played 35 minutes at the 4 that would leave 13 minutes at the 4 available for Horford. Assuming that Horford played 35 minutes a game and 13 at the 4 that would mean 22 minutes (63%) at center.

So you're telling me Zaza or whoever else is going to have to accommodate for TWENTY SIX (26!!) other minutes at Center???

Yikes...I'd rather just play Horford 35 mins at Center and give Zaza about 13 mins there.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you're telling me Zaza or whoever else is going to have to accommodate for TWENTY SIX (26!!) other minutes at Center???

Yikes...I'd rather just play Horford 35 mins at Center and give Zaza about 13 mins there.

I am making no assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith being here. if i had my way Zaza would be gone.

and if Horford is playing more center that means someone besides him is playing the 4 when Smith is out.In case you hadn't noticed the 4 spot is much stronger league wide than the 5.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am making no assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith being here. if i had my way Zaza would be gone.

and if Horford is playing more center that means someone besides him is playing the 4 when Smith is out.In case you hadn't noticed the 4 spot is much stronger league wide than the 5.

Fine with me.

I'll take Smoove for 35 mins at the 4, Horford for 35 mins at the 5 and backups at each for 13 mins EASILY over...

35 mins at the 4 for Smoove, 13 mins at the 4 for Horford, 22 mins at the 5 for Horford, and 26 mins for our back-up C at the 5.

This is what you said in the other thread

Quote:

Sure, he (Horford) would be better at the 4,

yet you don't want him playing even 13 minutes there.

Clearly you don't understand the poll question. You are making assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith.

Quote:

Quote:

Clearly you don't understand the poll question. You are making assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith.

I'd rather have those 13 minutes being our starting C rather than having our back-up C adding those minutes to his total.

In that case, our back-up C would be playing the majority of the minutes at C...Screw that.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd rather have those 13 minutes being our starting C rather than having our back-up C adding those minutes to his total.

In that case, our back-up C would be playing the majority of the minutes at C...Screw that.

So you would rather play horford at his second best position as opposed to playing a legit center at his best position. OK