Horford's future

exodus

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is what you said in the other thread

Quote:

Sure, he (Horford) would be better at the 4,

yet you don't want him playing even 13 minutes there.

Clearly you don't understand the poll question. You are making assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith.

I'd rather have those 13 minutes being our starting C rather than having our back-up C adding those minutes to his total.

In that case, our back-up C would be playing the majority of the minutes at C...Screw that.

So you would rather play horford at his second best position as opposed to playing a legit center at his best position. OK

So you would rather Horford just be the back-up PF and back-up C?

He is and should always be a starter...And I doubt you will find a back-up C on any other roster in the NBA that is deserving of 26 minutes of starting center on our team.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you should read my initial post again. where did i make any mention of starter or backup?

And again the initial post was asking how to get THE MOST PROCUTION OUT OF HORFORD.

If you want him to be a starter, then find me a back-up NBA C that is deserving of playing 26 mpg.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you should read my initial post again. where did i make any mention of starter or backup?

And again the initial post was asking how to get THE MOST PROCUTION OUT OF HORFORD.

If you want him to be a starter , then find me a back-up NBA C that is deserving of playing 26 mpg.

I give up. You clearly don't understand the poll question and never will.

I made no mention of who would be the starter. I made no mention of who would be the backup. I made no assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith being here. And you don't understand any of this.

Quote:

And again the initial post was asking how to get THE MOST PRODUCTION OUT OF HORFORD.

It's a TEAM game. Production out of one player is for fantasy basketball.

The most production for the TEAM is Josh Smith at the 4 with Horford at the 5.

Why? Because they both should be starters and the most productive combo of the two is Josh at the 4 and Horford at the 5.

Puts both players around the basket where they belong giving us an advantage in athleticism in the front court

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you want him to be a starter , then find me a back-up NBA C that is deserving of playing 26 mpg.

I give up. You clearly don't understand the poll question and never will.

I made no mention of who would be the starter. I made no mention of who would be the backup. I made no assumptions about the rest of the roster other than Smith being here. And you don't understand any of this.

Here is what I gathered from you.

You want Smith to play 35 mins...That leaves 13 mins at PF...Which you want Horford to take.

Now if Horford plays 35 mins, 13 of which is at PF, that leaves 22 minutes he is playing C.

Since there are 48 minutes of C in a game, that leaves 26 minutes to the BACK-UP Center.

Now, as I asked before, please explain to me what Center we are going to go get that can come in as a back-up and effectively play 26 minutes per game.

As I said before, I'd rather just have Horford and Smoove playing 35 minutes each at their respective positions they are already at.

Quote:

The most production for the TEAM is Josh Smith at the 4 with Horford at the 5.

As of right now that is true. However to be a true contender you have to build your team in such a way to get the most production out of your core players. You can use role players to fill in holes in the roster.

If we assume that Horford is one of our core players (I do) then we should use him in such a way to get the most production out of him.

Quote:

Like i said you simply don't understand the poll, or you are refusing to answer truthfully.

You are making all these assumptions in order to justify your opinion that Horford should be the full time center.

No, I am simply explaining to you why if Josh Smith is on this team, it makes no sense to play Horford at the 4....Because we will have to devote WAY too many minutes to our back-up C.

So, yes, I absolutely answered the question...As long as Josh Smith is on the team, Horford should get almost (if not all) of his minutes at C.

Quote:

Because we will have to devote WAY too many minutes to our
back-up
C.

There you go again with your assumptions. You are assuming that our other center will be worse at center than Horford.

Whether or not we get a center better or worse than Horford, and whether or not he starts, are irrelevant to the poll.

Like i said you simply don't understand it.

Quote:

Quote:

Because we will have to devote WAY too many minutes to our
back-up
C.

There you go again with your assumptions. You are assuming that our other center will be worse at center than Horford.

Whether or not we get a center better or worse than Horford, and whether or not he starts, are irrelevant to the poll.

Like i said you simply don't understand it.

First off, are you just arguing to argue or are you actually trying to make a point??

All you keep saying over and over again is "You don't understand" instead of actually discussing.

If you are just arguing to argue, I am going to be finished wasting my time on this topic...I have a test I am supposed to be studying for.

I've already answered your poll question about 5 times now...You just don't like the answer.

With this team OF COURSE I WANT HORFORD PLAYING ALL HIS MINUTES AT CENTER!!

Because we do not have a viable back-up that can play 26 mpg according to your math.

Quote:

Because we do not have a viable back-up that can play 26 mpg according to your math.

First of all this is a LONG TERM POLL. THE CURRENT ROSTER IS IRRELEVANT. THE ONLY ROSTER ASSUMPTION IS THAT SMITH IS ON THE ROSTER. THERE ARE NO OTHER PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS POLL.

And again you can't make a post without mentioning starter or backup.

What makes it funny is that you said horford is better at the 4 yet you don't want him playing any minutes there, which pretty much sums up your lack of logic on the subject.

go back to studying. You aren't making a bit of sense here.

Quote:

Quote:

First of all this is a LONG TERM POLL. THE CURRENT ROSTER IS IRRELEVANT. THE ONLY ROSTER ASSUMPTION IS THAT SMITH IS ON THE ROSTER. THERE ARE NO OTHER PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS POLL.

And again you can't make a post without mentioning starter or backup.

What makes it funny is that you said horford is better at the 4 yet you don't want him playing any minutes there, which pretty much sums up your lack of logic on the subject.

go back to studying. You aren't making a bit of sense here.

If Smith is on the roster, I want Horford playing Center.

It's as simple as that.

Horford taking Smith's minutes as the BACK-UP PF would mean that the BACK-UP C would be playing the majority of minutes at Center.

What do you not understand about that?

Quote:

Horford taking Smith's minutes as the
BACK-UP
PF would mean that the
BACK-UP
C would be playing the majority of minutes at Center.

What do you not understand about that?

Whether horford starts or not is irrelevant. Whether Smith starts or not is irrelevant. What is best for the TEAM is irrelevant. the talent of the other player at center is irrelevant.

And you have proven once again that you understand none of this.

Quote:

Quote:

What is best for the TEAM is irrelevant.

Then why did you even make this topic, and why have I wasted the past hour talking about this??

This entire conversation is officially pointless if "what is best for the team" is irrelevant.

The question, since you didn't understand it the first time, was what distribution of minutes would get the most production out of HORFORD.

The reason that the team is irrelevant is because the only player that we know will be on the team is Smith. That is the only assumption i made in response to your post.

I made no assumptions about the rest of the team which i think everyone understood except you.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is best for the TEAM is irrelevant.

Then why did you even make this topic, and why have I wasted the past hour talking about this??

This entire conversation is officially pointless if "what is best for the team" is irrelevant.

The question, since you didn't understand it the first time, was what distribution of minutes would get the most production out of HORFORD.

The reason that the team is irrelevant is because the only player that we know will be on the team is Smith. That is the only assumption i made in response to your post.

I made no assumptions about the rest of the team which i think everyone understood except you.

Well who gives a crap about anything except the team??

If Smith is on the team, it is best for Horford to be at C, for the TEAM...And that's all I care about.

So, then it's a stupid and pointless question.