• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's future

exodus

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is best for the TEAM is irrelevant.

Then why did you even make this topic, and why have I wasted the past hour talking about this??

This entire conversation is officially pointless if "what is best for the team" is irrelevant.

The question, since you didn't understand it the first time, was what distribution of minutes would get the most production out of HORFORD.

The reason that the team is irrelevant is because the only player that we know will be on the team is Smith. That is the only assumption i made in response to your post.

I made no assumptions about the rest of the team which i think everyone understood except you.

Well who gives a crap about anything except the team??

If Smith is on the team, it is best for Horford to be at C, for the TEAM...And that's all I care about.

So, then it's a stupid and pointless question.

You do realize that a teams roster can be changed, right?

That is what teams do, they make moves and build around there core players. They bring in guys that complement their core.

I think the people voting in this poll understand that pretty well.

The fact that you said Horford was better at the 4 but shouldn't play any minutes there is...... pillepalle.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is best for the TEAM is irrelevant.

Then why did you even make this topic, and why have I wasted the past hour talking about this??

This entire conversation is officially pointless if "what is best for the team" is irrelevant.

The question, since you didn't understand it the first time, was what distribution of minutes would get the most production out of HORFORD.

The reason that the team is irrelevant is because the only player that we know will be on the team is Smith. That is the only assumption i made in response to your post.

I made no assumptions about the rest of the team which i think everyone understood except you.

Well who gives a crap about anything except the team??

If Smith is on the team, it is best for Horford to be at C, for the TEAM...And that's all I care about.

So, then it's a stupid and pointless question.

You do realize that a teams roster can be changed, right?

That is what teams do, they make moves and build around there core players. They bring in guys that complement their core.

I think the poeple voting in this poll understand that pretty well.

The fact that you said Horford was better at the 4 but shouldn't play any minutes there is...... pillepalle.gif

Because we have someone who is better at the 4.

Quote:

the more our back-up C is going to be taking up minutes at the 5.

Now you are FINALLY understanding my point.

And your point is based on an assumption you made which wasn't part of the poll. You made that assumption to justify your opinion.

You are assuming that the other center we get won't be as good at center as Horford.

Your problem is that you don't even realize that you made that assumption, which has no relevance to the poll

Ex, everybody and his mother recognizes that Horford is a natural PF and is best suited for that position.

If that's what this poll was supposed to get at, then there's your answer. I don't think you will get much argument.

Why you would ask the question ignoring the rest of our roster is beyond me.

Today, Horford should be playing most of his minutes at Center. If we acquire another viable Center, then Horford can play more minutes at PF.

This is not rocket science.

Quote:

Ex, everybody and his mother recognizes that Horford is a natural PF and is best suited for that position.

If that's what this poll was supposed to get at, then there's your answer. I don't think you will get much argument.

Why you would ask the question ignoring the rest of our roster is beyond me.

Today, Horford should be playing most of his minutes at Center. If we acquire another viable Center, then Horford can play more minutes at PF.

This is not rocket science.

Exactly, but a few here (JDU, busboy) don't seem to understand it. They act like I am a hater for pointing out the obvious.

Quote:

Quote:

the more our back-up C is going to be taking up minutes at the 5.

Now you are FINALLY understanding my point.

And your point is based on an assumption you made which wasn't part of the poll. You made that assumption to justify your opinion.

You are assuming that the other center we get won't be as good at center as Horford.

Your problem is that you don't even realize that you made that assumption, which has no relevance to the poll

The difference is, I am talking about Atlanta Hawks basketball.

I guess you are strictly talking about Al Horford.

For the Atlanta Hawks (which is the only thing I give a [censored] about), as long as Josh Smith is here, Al Horford should see almost all of his minutes at C.

Any other scenario is completely irrelevant to me.

Dude, they are in violent agreement with you. I don't think either one of them is saying Horford is a better C than he is a PF. They are saying they like Horford best as a C on THIS TEAM.

Although I do think this begs an interesting question now that we've traded Shelden. If Horford plays almost all his minutes at C, who is Josh Smith's backup now at PF? I guess the answer is that we go small and play Bibby/Law, JJ, Childress, Marvin, and Horford/Zaza.

Quote:

For the Atlanta Hawks (which is the only thing I give a [censored] about), as long as Josh Smith is here, Al Horford should see almost all of his minutes at C.

I made the poll question very simple and clear. I made no assumptions about the roster other than Smith being here.

So if Smith is here and we get a center that is as good or better at center than Horford then, in your opinion, Horford should still play all his minutes at center.

OK

Quote:

Quote:

I made the poll question very simple and clear. I made no assumptions about the roster other than Smith being here.

So if Smith is here and we get a center that is as good or better at center than Horford then, in your opinion, Horford should still play all his minutes at center.

OK

Not necessarily.

More like I just think it would be absolutely pointless to go out and get a better C than Horford (unless we give him up) as long as Josh Smith is here.

Quote:

Dude, they are in violent agreement with you. I don't think either one of them is saying Horford is a better C than he is a PF. They are saying they like Horford best as a C on THIS TEAM.

Although I do think this begs an interesting question now that we've traded Shelden.
If Horford plays almost all his minutes at C, who is Josh Smith's backup now at PF?
I guess the answer is that we go small and play Bibby/Law, JJ, Childress, Marvin, and Horford/Zaza.

This is a long term poll which i made very clear. And your question is a very legit one and just highlights the need for another center.

It's going to be tough to acquire a double double 7' center without giving up something KEY to our team. Obviously Horford would probably INDIVIDUALLY play better at PF, but we will have to find a pretty good center in order to do that, which will be tough, no matter how "long term" you are talking, and considering Horford is only going to get better.

It's the same with PHX (pre-Shaq trade), Amare was obviously a better PF than Center, but with their roster and for what was best for the team Amare had to play center. Now before you go off about "Our current roster doesn't matter, you are an idiot" talk, all I'm saying is that it's going to be tough to find a legit center unless we plan on giving up a lot.

Quote:

More like I just think it would be absolutely to go

First of all that doesn't make sense and secondly if it did make sense it would be an assumption.

Like i said you were making assumptions in order to justify the fact that you want Horford at center full time even though you admit he is better off at the 4.

I agree. A lot of people have been talking about going and getting another big man, but I'm not sure what we are going to do with him. Playing a legit Center 35 minutes a game means Josh Smith has to start playing 10 minutes a game at SF. This is not a prospect that excites me. Zaza seems like a reasonable backup Center to me for the time being. We no longer have any absolutely glaring holes on our roster.

Quote:

Quote:

More like I just think it would be absolutely to go

First of all that doesn't make sense and secondly if it did make sense it would be an assumption.

Like i said you were making assumptions in order to justify the fact that you want Horford at center full time even though you admit he is better off at the 4.

I left out the word "pointless" accidentally.

The only assumption I am making is that Josh Smith is on this team.

And as long as Josh Smith is on this team, it is in our best interest to keep Al Horford at Center...Unless an amazing C just happens to fall into our laps without having to give up Horford.

Then he could be back-up PF/C.

But since that won't happen, as long as he is here and so is Josh Smith, he should get the grand majority of his minutes at C.

Obviously he would be a better PF in the long run.

I AM TALKING ABOUT RELATIVE TO THE ATLANTA HAWKS BASKETBALL TEAM.

Unless of course we are talking about trading Horford for a legit Center, which is a reasonable proposition if we can find somebody to do the deal. Not sure that would be an easy one to pull off though given Horford's reasonable salary and our need to get someone of very high value in return. How many guys are there that make what Al makes, are good Center prospects, and are on a team that is Center rich and would rather have a PF?

Quote:

Quote:

But since that won't happen,

I didn't realize i was arguing with a soothsayer. So why didn't you tell us in advance we were going to trade for Bibby?

This has officially been the most pointless sports conversation of my life, considering you are talking about something that is completely irrelevant to the "good of the team" (as you stated)...Which is the entire point I am on this message board...To discuss what is best for the team.

Good night.

Quote:

I agree. A lot of people have been talking about going and getting another big man, but I'm not sure what we are going to do with him. Playing a legit Center 35 minutes a game

First of all playing that many minutes at center is rare even for the best players. Most guys who should be playing center (Duncan, JO) prefer to play more away from the basket.

I would bet that only Yao and Howard actually play 35 minutes per game at center.

The reason is simple. It gets rough in there. And that is why we are doing Horford a disservice playing him so much at center. he has to take a beating down there. It is rough fighting inside all the time with guys who are bigger than you.

Trust me i have done it and it isn't fun.