List of Guys that Didn't Come Out When Their Stock

was high...and are now paying the price. AKA, thank you for not letting a crappy team waste a high pick on you list?

I'll start the list with, say, Jason Kappono (sp?).

[censored], include most of the UCLA roster - Dan Gadzurik (sp)

Charles O'Bannon

JAMES FOREST. After he led Georgia Tech to the ACC championship and the Sweet 16 his sophomore year, everyone (including myself) was telling him to leave early for the NBA where he was projected to be a top-10 pick at worst. But he stayed, hurt his ankle, watched his stock take a nosedive like Worldcom and, while now playing overseas, never reached his NBA destination (at least not yet). The moral to the story is if you have a chance to be a guaranteed lotto pick (especially top-5 pick, ala Chris Bosh) in a league where the cash is guaranteed regardless of whether you turn out to be the next Kobe Bryant or the next Acie Earl, TAKE THE $$$ AND RUN. My wife and I had an argument over that because she said that if she was Labron James's mother, she'd want him to go to college and get his education. In most arguments with my wife, I just let it go but not this one. Of course my argument was that he had over $100 million reasons why he should bolt and with the $$$ he'll be able to buy a freakin' PhD. You never leave a winning lottery ticket on the shelf because you never know if it'll be there when you get back.

LeBron would be crazy not to go pro.

$100 million dollars without even playing yet! if he turned out to be a bust, he could sit his a$$ at home doing nothing and retire before hes even legally allowed to drink.

its better than getting injured and not being able to play in the NBA...

Not that education isn't important because it is, but why do people (including myself and others on this board) put themselves in thousands of dollars of student loan debt every year to get a college degree in the first place? To be better qualified to get a better job and earn more $$$ than folks who don't, that's why. Besides, how many 18-year old engineering majors you see making an eight-figure salary nowadays? What's so wrong with getting the jumpstart on 99.999% of everyone else by having the $$$ to start with???

Shaq's coach at LSU recommended him to go to the draft earlier b/c of the fact that other teams were playing TOO PHYSICAL with shaq... and that it could hurt his chances at the NBA.

The result? He was #1 pick, currently the best center in the nba, has couple rings, etc

now, the story is completely different if ur someone like CHARLIE VALLENVOIA (sp?)... this guy would have been a 2nd round at best. College would do him good!