• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A reason I like this team and its players.

KB21

The attitude of the players.

Even though this team has been a losing team the last three years, but I think this team is taking a step in the right direction. Their attitude has given me something to be proud about.

The attitude of many NBA players today is to look out for themselves. The game is about the name on the back of the jersey and not the name on the front of the jersey with them.

This isn't the case with the Hawks. The Hawks have players that seem to genuinely care about being the Atlanta Hawks and taking pride in that. We don't have many, if any, selfish players on the team. Jason Terry could have sulled up after the drafting of Dan Dickau. Instead, JT was the first player to greet Dickau when he gets off the plane, knowing that Dickau is a player that is going to help this team even if he happens to take the point guard position (a position JT wants and thinks he can play). It's all about the good of the team.

Theo Ratliff doesn't have to play in the summer league this summer. He could have just took his player option and sat on his rump this season. He isn't though. He's going to play in the summer league to get his timing back and to stay in condition so he will be ready to go come training camp time. He wants to help this team win.

And to top it off, this team is doing something most NBA teams don't do. They are meeting and having unofficial organized practices to prepare for this season. I think all but one player has attended most of these practices. Most players workout on their own in the summer. These players are working together as a team during the summer.

This is a breath of fresh air to me. You just don't find this type of attitude in a league that promotes its star players more than the game itself.

"Everyone wants to win, but not everyone is willing to prepare to win." -- Bob Knight

Well, this team is showing that they are willing to prepare to win.

We are starting to act as a team. I too started to think we are bonding when we had those OPTIONAL PRACTICES.

What i like too is the fact that when 1 hawk player goes down, the other 4 players are there to back the person up.

Once we act as a team, we will start playing as a team.

Great post KB.

Thats very true, JT brings a great attitude to this team and who else better than JT, the true leader and captain of this team. People have questioned JT of not being able to handle the PG spot, but damn I'll take JT over any PG in this league except for Jason Kidd. Sorry but this is my opinion. Because of the courts he is amazing and he is just an amazing individual. But not only JT, the other players have that same winning attitude, all they want is to win and that is great to have a team with no cancer type of players.

I seriously doubt now that the Hawks will stay out of the playoffs this upcoming season.

Guest Walter

Theo's willingness to play with the rookie contract players, full-squad optional practices, JT's strong character, etc. lead the sophisticated fan to have some hope for this TEAM. We still look a piece away but a Mike Miller for Nazr trade could be that for us.

W