• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Encouraging loss

NJHAWK

Look I hate losing and we need wins asap but at least we gave them a hell of a game in a place we usually get blown out in. Our turnovers and invisable bench is what killed us. That cheap call on Bibbys 4th foul didnt help after we fought all the way back only to have to fight all the way back again. Josh Smith is back and it looks like Marv found his shooting stroke. Joe was too passive in the 1st half, when he had either Korver or Harping on him he should have just taken it right to the basket. Bibbys play was very exciting and if he could have finished on a couple layups late we may have stole the game. I wish we could have won but Im happy with the effort we got from our starting 5 who for the most part outplayed Utahs starters. We just didnt get shyyt from our bench and Utah did.

Playing the Utah Jazz - in the fourth game in five days is just brutal. Especially after reading that Atlanta didn't even get out of Oakland until Saturday morning. On paper - this game was lost before we even got on the floor. That being said our play was amazing last night and showed what we can be with Bibby at the point draining bombs.

One thing that amazes me is that the laws of basketball (as well as poligamy) are suspended in Utah. Since when can you run through the lane and clear a route for your teammates? The Jazz have been comitting running pick fouls for as long as Jerry Sloan has been their coach and it flat out amazes me when it is rarely called.

At least we knew it was coming....

Quote:

Bibbys play was very exciting and if he could have finished on a couple layups late we may have stole the game.

On the fast break near the end with Bibby and Joe where Bibby missed the lay-up nobody else ran the floor. Josh, Marvin, and Horford were with them and none of them did this. Woody called the time out after and he was yelling at them for this very reason. These losses are not always Woody's fault. It's the small thing we always have to do to win which we don't.