• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Season Ticket Holder: Why I want Woody Fired

Sasquatch

I don't think I am an unreasonable person. I understand that sometimes your team just loses or just is not as good as the other guy.

That is not the basis of my disgust. There is a deeper issue here. I paid a lot of money for season tickets, not with the expectation of seeing Championship Basketball, but with the expectaion of seeing PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL. Win or Lose, I should not have to come away constantly feeling that I just paid to see something less than professional work.

Just a few issues in particular.

1) When Joe has the ball, its Smooves man that comes to double. Instead of Smoove attacking the rim for a bounce pass or alleyoop to make the opposition pay for doubling, it is used as an excuse to launch a long J or 3ptr. If Woody can't correct this then what exactly is his job?

2) There are too many times when Marvin is at least 2-3 passes away from the action. One of his strongest attributes is his outside shot in spite of the current slump.

we need that J to be a featured part of our offense. Otherwise, why is he here?

3) On defense the players have no regard whatsoever for maintaining position between the man with the ball and the rim. Everyone settles for "challenging" when the shot goes up, if at all. This is absolutely lazy and unprofessional. Unless you are Smoove or Marcus Camby, you cannot expect to be out of position and just make a play on the ball when the shot goes up.

I certainly understand that players have a responsibility to step up and be professional. However, when problems become systemic as opposed to isolated transgressions/rogues it points to leadership.

I feel that even when we lose we should feel that, at the very least, we saw a professional performance. At the end of the day, I feel that the Head Coach should be responsible for more than making the practice schedule.

Quote:

1) When Joe has the ball, its Smooves man that comes to double. Instead of Smoove attacking the rim for a bounce pass or alleyoop to make the opposition pay for doubling, it is used as an excuse to launch a long J or 3ptr. If Woody can't correct this then what exactly is his job?

Josh Smith has also mastered the concept of lurking around the 3 point line when the shot clock is winding down. If he happens to receive a pass, he can launch a freebie.