• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

devinbobo35

I think the problem with Woodson is that he cant swallow his pride and play salim instead of marvin. The hawks have plenty of wing players to play at a high tempo but do not have enough shooters who can spread the floor. I mean had anyone ever seen marvin make a three? Plus the way the hawks have been giving up threes they need someone to get them back

Quote:

I think the problem with Woodson is that he cant swallow his pride and play salim instead of marvin. The hawks have plenty of wing players to play at a high tempo but do not have enough shooters who can spread the floor. I mean had anyone ever seen marvin make a three? Plus the way the hawks have been giving up threes they need someone to get them back

playing Salim over Marvin? I wouldn't do that. Salim is a chucker.

What is your reasoning for saying that. All im saying is that salim can outscore or at least score as many points as marvin if given the chance.And he is a difference maker when he gets hot...remember that 40 pt explosion last year when he played the entire fourth quarter

Quote:

What is your reasoning for saying that. All im saying is that salim can outscore or at least score as many points as marvin if given the chance.And he is a difference maker when he gets hot...remember that 40 pt explosion last year when he played the entire fourth quarter

remember how he never passes up the ball, and messes up the whole rhythm of the team

• Moderators

I have been someone who believed in Salim throught his tenure with Atlanta but I can't agree with this at all. Salim's only real talent is scoring and when you shoot 33% from the floor, you aren't bringing much in that department. Salim is a much less efficient scorer than Marvin. When you prorate Salim's scoring out over 30 minutes, he would be taking nearly 15 shots per game and only scoring 15 points per game. Marvin averages 35 mpg, only take 11 shots per and puts up 15. He also does much more than Salim in other areas cheifly D and rebounding (although he should be better).

I can make an argument for playing Salim more regularly but not for him playing "over" Marvin.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have been someone who believed in Salim throught his tenure with Atlanta but I can't agree with this at all. Salim's only real talent is scoring and when you shoot 33% from the floor, you aren't bringing much in that department. Salim is a much less efficient scorer than Marvin. When you prorate Salim's scoring out over 30 minutes, he would be taking nearly 15 shots per game and only scoring 15 points per game. Marvin averages 35 mpg, only take 11 shots per and puts up 15. He also does much more than Salim in other areas cheifly D and rebounding (although he should be better).

I can make an argument for playing Salim more regularly but not for him playing "over" Marvin.

I think Salim is the type of player that would benefit from more time. I.e. he has to play in order to increase his FG%.

I don't see him as a Vinny the microwave type at all.. however, that is how he has been typecasted.

Do I think he should replace Marvin? NO.

I think we should give him more of Bibby's time and let Bibby rest his heel. Especially after Law gets back.

If we make it to the playoffs, it would be nice to have a healthy Bibby and a Salim that we can call on.

You can't play Salim and Bibby at the same time. Somebody in the backcourt must play some semblance of D. Salim must guard the PG due to his lack of height. Are you really going to put Bibby on the opposing teams SG? If you think the scoring has been high the past two games, wait until you see that dynamic duo on the court.

Then you have to consider rebounding/guarding the paint. You would now have Bibby/Salim/Joe/Smith/Al on the court. Joe will have to play a more active role on D, taking away from his offense. Also, Smith would have to play off his man even more with this line-up, leaving Horford to do all the boxing out and rebounding ont he team.

This scenario ain't happening. If you play Salim, you must have him in in place of Bibby. And then you've got nobody in with any ball handling ability except for Joe, and he doesn't want to play PG.

In the offseason, Salim will leave us (even though he is a restricted FA). He just doesn't fit with the pieces on this team. He needs to play with a big PG (Baron, Deron, Calderon, etc.). It's just the problem of being a 6'0" SG guard who doesn't play D in the NBA.