• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flaws and Fixes

tmac13

This team is incredibly hard to watch lately. We struggle to beat awful teams at home and generally get the fire beat out of us on the road. We may back into the playoffs by the process of elimination but to what end? To have Detroit or Boston embarrass the crap out of us in 4 games..If we don't make the playoffs its even worse. We give up a lottery pick. Either way this team is very flawed and needs to rehauled. I am not talking about blowing it up like BK already did before, but some of the core pieces on this team just don't mesh.

As much as I see potential in Josh Smith I also see a tweener without an outside shot who loves to shoot the outside shot. Can another coach stop this? Maybe, maybe not. Either way I can't see him as a max or near max paid player. For every good thing he does he counters it with a bonehead play. I am thinking more and more we need to move him in a sign and trade for a starting center and move Horf to the pf spot. Maybe to Philly for Daly? Just a thought.

Chillz is another guy I see demanding fairly large dollars that I don't want to invest in. He has a nice garbage type game but is another guy that is more athlete than basketball player. I would eitehr let him walk and use the money on a real shooter to back up the 2/3 or move him for that in a sign and trade. I would love to pick up a Kyle Korver type player to spot up for the 3 so JJ has options when he gets doubled. Thoughts?

Quote:

Quote:

The main fix is that BK and Woody have to hit the road. The Hawks will never be any good until they are gone.

BK's blown opportunities may have cost the Hawks their chance at being a winning team any time soon.

I can't blame BK since he was handcuffed by the greedy owners.

The owners aren't the one's that forced him to draft Childress, Marvin and Shelden.

Quote:

Quote:

The main fix is that BK and Woody have to hit the road. The Hawks will never be any good until they are gone.

BK's blown opportunities may have cost the Hawks their chance at being a winning team any time soon.

Presumably, the greedy owners did not handcuff BK into making some horrific drafting errors.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The owners aren't the one's that forced him to draft Childress, Marvin and Shelden.

But they did stay in holiday inn express last night.

this team will never reach its potential until ASG are out of the mix. And BK, and most definitely the most overmatched coach in the league, a Mr. Michael Dean Woodson.

If woodson had been axed for a capable replacement at the all star break this team would be 5 games better, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

This team is laying down on MW waiting on ownership to make a move...which they won't anytime soon.

I can...

All were BK decisions

Chillz over Iggy or Deng

Marvin Williams over Deron or Paul

Shelden Williams over anybody else in the entire first round

Jason Collier signed instead of Pryzbilla

Jon Edwards signing then forcing him on Indy lowering our return for Al

Giving up a draft pick for Peja Drobnjak

Thats just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could go on if I actually researched it...

Quote:

this team will never reach its potential until ASG are out of the mix. And BK, and most definitely the most overmatched coach in the league, a Mr. Michael Dean Woodson.

If woodson had been axed for a capable replacement at the all star break this team would be 5 games better, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

This team is laying down on MW waiting on ownership to make a move...which they won't anytime soon.

Agreed.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Presumably, the greedy owners did not handcuff BK into making some horrific drafting errors.

You're not kidding, EDS. Last I checked, they didn't have a 9mm at BK's head and forced him into passing on Deng/Iguodala, Deron/Paul/Felton, and Roy. I thought BK was supposed to a personnel 'guru' and would've known about the shortcomings of Childress (no midrange game whatsoever; can't get his shot off anywhere without being left open), MW (not nearly as talented as he was touted to be), and SW (not enough words in Webster's to describe his); at least that's what Gearon said last year. But that's just me.