• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHY does Marvin STILL START?

GTfan44

This guy brings nothing to the table!

He can't shoot consistently, which is why he's always wide open for the jumpshot.

He had a matchup against 6"2 Luther Head in the 2nd quarter. How many points did he score off the little man? NONE. He followed that up by blowing a drive

Give Mario Marvin's minutes already! The guy is a sickly defender. Forget Mario's offense--give his shots to Smoove and Joe. Just let the guy frustrate the hell out of T-Mac the rest of the way.

Marvin

Marvin played excellent defense on TMac, which is why he starts and will continue to start. When he gets the ball on the perimeter and takes his quick shot he is as good as any in the league at it. The problem is when he tries to do too much with the ball, just like several other players on our team. Like KB said earlier the roles appear to not be clearly defined seeing as this is a problem throughout the roster.

Quote:

This guy brings nothing to the table!

He can't shoot consistently, which is why he's always wide open for the jumpshot.

He had a matchup against 6"2 Luther Head in the 2nd quarter. How many points did he score off the little man? NONE. He followed that up by blowing a drive

Give Mario Marvin's minutes already! The guy is a sickly defender. Forget Mario's offense--give his shots to Smoove and Joe. Just let the guy frustrate the hell out of T-Mac the rest of the way.

Marvin

Totally agree.

It seems for this Houston game (entering the fourth quarter) West is getting more minutes. Marvin needs to stay on the bench..

West's defensive effort is more important than anything Marvin brings to the table.

what is HS obsession with MW?? You guys have him gassed up like we have the franchise sitting on the bench...I mean I like the guy's heart as much as anyone but he doesn't have the ability to be getting all the burn ya'll want him to get.

Marvin may be lead-footed but he plays decent D. He did a good job on Mac tonight even though Mac gets superstar treatment from the refs and got him in foul trouble.

Marv did a good job hitting his little mid range shot too. Floor spacing is something we have in VERY small quantities, so putting mario in for marvin is a backward move in that regard. Mario gets hustle/garbage points in the same space as Chill, Zaza, Horf, and smoove (except he is only 6'5"), so he will be packing the d in more and creating even more problems for JJ.

I dont get the fetish for MWest.

Quote:

what is HS obsession with MW?? You guys have him gassed up like we have the franchise sitting on the bench...I mean I like the guy's heart as much as anyone but he doesn't have the ability to be getting all the burn ya'll want him to get.

Marvin may be lead-footed but he plays decent D. He did a good job on Mac tonight even though Mac gets superstar treatment from the refs and got him in foul trouble.

Marv did a good job hitting his little mid range shot too. Floor spacing is something we have in VERY small quantities, so putting mario in for marvin is a backward move in that regard. Mario gets hustle/garbage points in the same space as Chill, Zaza, Horf, and smoove (except he is only 6'5"), so he will be packing the d in more and creating even more problems for JJ.

I dont get the fetish for MWest

Did you actually watch the f'ing game? While Woody inserted him in the 3rd he was all over the place rebounding and defending giving the Hawks extra opportunities. Is it me or did he not require a double team to guard Mcgrady. West actually helped us build a small lead while in there. You notice he shut down everyone he guarded in the 3rd.

Quote:

Since Marvin went out of the game (we were tied when he went out) TMac has had 6 or 8 of his 10 3rd quarter points with Smoove on him. That's the biggest part of Marvins game that is underrated.

marvin is a decent defender but he is not much better than smoove man to man. smoove played decent on him outside of a shot or 2 tmac mad. joe johnson got rocked in the 4th by mac.

Quote:

Did you actually watch the f'ing game?

Every minute of it.

Quote:

While Woody inserted him in the 3rd he was all over the place rebounding and defending giving the Hawks extra opportunities.

I saw him get one offensive rebound and miss a 3pt attempt.

Quote:

Is it me or did he not require a double team to guard Mcgrady.

If by "he" you mean Marvin Williams I would say no, both Smoove and Marvin had him one on one at several different points with both doing a decent job, though I would give the edge to Marvin (although, in his defense, I would say that TMAC decided he should take the game over late, which he did). Woodson CHOSE to double team tmac when possible to see if any other rockets could make us pay for that strategy. It had more to do with tmac being tmac than marvin being marvin.

Quote:

You notice he shut down everyone he guarded in the 3rd.

Because everyone knows the Rockets run their offense through Rafer Alston.

Again, I don't want to come off as a West hater, because I like him, but to me, the people calling for him to start never played better than high school basketball and don't really know what they are talking about. Or they are Tech fans.