Atlanta Spirit should take a clue from the Braves

Curtis

From Dave O'Briens http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...r_baseball.html AJC blog

Quote:

Hitting coach Terry Pendleton is as eager as most here to get back home on Thursday and be with his family. By the batting cage this morning, I commented to him that it sure didn’t feel like Easter.

“No, it feels like … Wednesday,” he said.
Then he turned to Marquis Grissom, seated next to him behind the cage.
“Every day here feels the same, isn’t it?”

(Oh, before I forget, Grissom has been here a few days, interacting with fans, suiting up for pregame, etc. Frank Wren put into place a great program this year, to get Braves alumni more involved with the team.
Niekro was here earlier this spring. They love it, throwing BP, talking to players, signing autographs, etc. And the current players genuinely appreciate having them here and talking with them. OK, just wanted to mention that. Now where were we?…)

Revisiting the past would be a great thing to rebuild local interest in this franchise.

I give credit to Wilkins for helping Smoove mature. Sure Smoove can mature more. I think Wilkins has a lot to do with his maturity and work ethic. Players such as Gerald Green and JR Smith might be further along in their development if they had someone like Wilkins there for them from the start.