• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should replace BK if he's gone?

Dexmethylphenidate

Kiki Vandewage (Sp?)

King (who the 76ers just fired)

Jerry West

Those are the only names that come to mind who have past expierence and none really interest me too much. Kiki would be decent and Jerry West would bring name recognition.

I would target assistant GMs of the Spurs and Jazz b/c they make excellent picks in the draft and both run classy organizations.

Dark Horse: Would Larry Brown consider a GM job ?

Maybe Colangelo is tired of Canada after one year. .000001% chance of that.

Guest Walter

It's a good question, not because of the (lack of) difficulty finding someone better than BK but ratheras fans we do not know the best assistant GMs our there ready to take over a franchise as well as we know the best assistant coaches. This is a familiarity problem for us fans, not a skill problem.

Having said that, I think just about anyone could have drafted better than BK did. Anyone. The 3 worst players possible in the high lottery, 3 consecutive years, passing over 2 all-stars and 2 ROY, doing so in one case with the most unnecessary pre-draft PROMISE in the history of all sports. When you are building through the draft and you suck at drafting, YOU are the problem. THAT was supposed to be BK's strong suit. Yikes.

Is BK the man to finish a rebuild much less undo his own mess? History would indicate that "no" BK is not the GM to finish anything (worst GMing record in sports?) and common sense would indicate that you don't ask someone to clean up their own mess if you want it cleaned up correctly.

So we are left with just about anybody not named Isaiah or McHale, IMO. The list is only shorter because we are less familiar with the potential candidates.

W

If ownership maintains a bottom 3 payroll structure, it doesn't matter too much who gets the job. I don't believe that the reason we entered this season with a whopping 9 players on their rookie contracts is because BK prefers inexperience. He is shopping with a smaller budget than most, which magnifies the mistakes of the drafts. But even if the drafts were better, who wants a team with 8-9 guys on their rookie contracts? That didn;t work too well for Portland this season. And you can bet a small fortune that they will look to bring in some vets this season, because you can't build exclusively through the draft. Anyway, back to the point. Until we can get a budget that is close to the luxuary tax threshold, the Hawks GM, whomever he may be, will be severally handcuffed relative to his peers.

Quote:

Dominique Wilikins

Nique may know basketball but he is NOT a business man.

Did he even get a college degree ?

and you want him in charge of managing a $60,000,000 player payroll ?

I'd vote for making him an Assistant GM though.