• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Come on Marv! Props to Chill

thesheedera

I'm one of the biggest Marvin fans on this board, but I have to admit that we played a LOT better without Marvin on the floor last night. In game 3 I thought he got his composure back and he made a very positive contribution to the game, helping us get the win. Last night he was more of a liability, he was forcing it too much, he looked like a very young, inexperienced guy.

Please don't use this thread to trash the guy (and yes, I know how dumb it is to start a thread like this and expect people to be nice) as we very well may need him at some point in this series to help us stay competitive.

Childress is no offensive wizard, but he provided exactly what we needed from the SF spot the last two agmes. He's getting more minutes, and I have to admit that I was much more comfortable with him on the floor. Props to Chill, and props to Woody for recognizing that Josh was giving us more of what we need, even if it meant sitting Marvin down for more bench time than he's had in a long time. Less than 25 minutes in back to back games - kind of shocking.

Keep your head up Marv, we need you to stay determined and give us some good games!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm one of the biggest Marvin fans on this board, but I have to admit that we played a LOT better without Marvin on the floor last night. In game 3 I thought he got his composure back and he made a very positive contribution to the game, helping us get the win. Last night he was more of a liability, he was forcing it too much, he looked like a very young, inexperienced guy.

Please don't use this thread to trash the guy (and yes, I know how dumb it is to start a thread like this and expect people to be nice) as we very well may need him at some point in this series to help us stay competitive.

Childress is no offensive wizard, but he provided exactly what we needed from the SF spot the last two agmes. He's getting more minutes, and I have to admit that I was much more comfortable with him on the floor. Props to Chill, and props to Woody for recognizing that Josh was giving us more of what we need, even if it meant sitting Marvin down for more bench time than he's had in a long time. Less than 25 minutes in back to back games - kind of shocking.

Keep your head up Marv, we need you to stay determined and give us some good games!

The funny thing about this Marvin sensitiviy thing is that off nights/weeks/months have happened to many players in this league including Kobe Bryant but its not a big deal to most fans just some hawk fans. The reason is that most fans know that players especially 21 year olds have of nights/series etc. Its not worth bring up because we won the game. Sure in the off season, Marvin needs to work on his ball skills. He should be able to put the ball on the floor much better than he does. And also he needs to get stronger and tougher. He gets bumped off his stride too easily. But that is o.k.! Its the natural progression of young players! He will get better and once he does, this league will fear this team!

Marvin played some good defense last night. I was at the game and he did a really nice job of moving his feet, staying in front of his man and contesting shots. Of course, he was guilty of some stupid mistakes, but who wasn't? When he tripped over himself on the fast break? Well, I was ready to trade him for Estee Batista at that point.

We have a nice thing between Marvin and Chill. Most nights, they form a very solid combination. In the last 2 games, more than offense, we needed them to bring energy, defense and board work. And they did that. We averaged 100 points in the last 2 games against a team that usually gives up around 90. And we won, so any extra offensive production from those 2 would have been moot.

Tomorrow evening, however, I do expect that we will need around 18+ from those 2 combined as points will come at a premuim when we hit the road.

Chillz was exceptionally huge grabbing rebounds to help turn around Boston's early momentum and get us back in the game. At one point I remember Chillz grabbing like 4 huge rebounds in a row for us. I think he had 8 rebounds in the first half. Honestly, that nearly made him the most valuable player in the game, for sure that and Bibby's 18 pts carried us in the 1st half.

Marvin was playing great on ball defense.