Atl/Miami/Minn....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I really believe that we are looking at SNT options with Miami.

The Fact that Wade is unsigned suggests that this deal could happen.

Here's how I see it.

Brand option Sheet is matched by LAC.

Miami put out a lot of money (6 year 60 million) for Odom. Riley has always liked Odom!

Then Riley works a SNT for JT (because JT wants too much from us). I guess it would be something like JT/Nazr to Miami for Eddie Jones and the Rights to Wade. I believe Eddie Jones will be sent on for another player... In the grand scheme of things.... TO Minnesota for Troy Hudson and Terrell Brandon (for Grins)...

Miami would have:

JT/Odom/Butler/Grant/Nazr...

With Odom running the offense and JT playing PseudoSG.

Atlanta would have:

Hudson/Wade/Grob/SAR/Theo.

Minn would have:

Cassell/Jones/Wally/KG/Khandi.

And we would win about 20 games...and have an overrated over paid sg in a point guards body (Hudson) ...and a possible bust (Wade) ...sounds great

look at those lineups.... which is the worse team...if we are going to make trades...we want to make trades that make the franchise better.

JT stays

• Premium Member

Miami could probably put an offer out there and we won't be able to match it. Regaurdless of what you believe about our management, our dealings suggest that we are in the midst of a freeze. And we WONT match any offer. However, Miami wants to save money and if we want to get ANYTHING out of this situation, accepting a SNT regaurdless of what you might think of Wade (I personally think he is not a bust), is smarter than losing JT for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....

I think we'd win about 4 games if that were the case....

What suggests to you that we are in a freeze....we have not done anything because we have not had to. When someone actually makes an offer to JT and we do nothing then you come talk to me about a freeze....

We absolutely want to have him back, and we know he wants to be back," Kasten said. "As often happens in negotiations, right now we have a difference of opinion about money. But we love him, and . . . he will be back. If he goes and gets an offer sheet, we will match. That is absolutely my intention."

If JT is offered before the deal goes through ...it is obvious that Kastn will match...what freeze?

• Premium Member

You say you'd rather lose him for nothing than to make somebody else's team better?

So you're really saying you don't want anything in return because Miami keeps cap space?

Have you considered how much we invested in JT? For that, you want absolutely NOTHING? Like when Danny Manning left?

Maybe you're too young to remember the pain of Danny Manning Leaving?? He left and we got NOTHING. The same would happen now... becuase we won't gain capspace. We would lose him for NOTHING.

I'd rather get some Pickup game players and a Box of Cheetos than to get nothing.

Secondly, I've seen Wade play. He's a Player.

• Premium Member

Oh...

You mean like somebody made an offer to Ira and we did nothing.

Somebody made an offer to DJ and we done Nothing.

Nobody's talking about spending our MCE to make this team BETTER.

In Essence Swole... We are just looking to keep the same 35 win team that we had last year minus Dion and Ira...

That's a freeze.

Also, If there are limitations on the 2.4 million dollars for Ira and the 2 million for Dion, what makes you think we'd match a 9 million dollar deal for JT??

that they are watching the dollars closely. However, not signing Glover and DJ does not neccesarily mean that they did that to save money. Glover would have to improve substantially to be called a below average defender and is way too streaky offensively and I'm happy that he is gone. Reportedly Memphis was the sole NBA team to express any interest whatsoever in DJ so it is possible that the hawks just have (had) written him off.

Ira is another matter however. We should have ponied up the money to sign him to half of the MCE. Although if it is true that Mem and CLE are offering 4-5 year deals there is no way that I would tie that many years up with Ira.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that they are saving their dollars to match for JT, but it is indeed possible they are working on a SNT with the Heat.

We did do something....We simply did not want Ira for that money...that is simple....DJ offer is just a rumor as far as I'm concerned...especially with all the written things I have seen about the Grizz wanting swing players Ira, Scottie ...etc.

"Also, If there are limitations on the 2.4 million dollars for Ira and the 2 million for Dion, what makes you think we'd match a 9 million dollar deal for JT??"

Because we want to sign JT before you sign role players that just good old fashioned common sense.

Have you thought that rather than bring back Dion or Ira ...management wants to sign JT and look for proven veteran help. Or are looking to move Dog or Theo....that is why we are not signing because you never know who you will get in a deal....an Dion and DJ will probably be free agents a while....just slow down and think a minute.

freeze my [censored]

So we trade a SG to get another undersized SG?

That makes alot of sense?ESP for one that isn't

any good.Was this chump Wade even a top 5

pick in a weak draft?Troy Hudson and his Mike

Bibby fluke like playoffs doesn't even count as

a legit starter.

We still have no PG,No playoff team...and no legit

players to build around.Wade and Hudson are point

less undersized SG's.I'd rather keep the money and

not make other teams better.

Maybe I'm being alittle bit stubborn here...But I just

don't see the upgrade for us.We get a unproven under

sized SG for Jt which doesn't improve is....We give up

a big man and get a chump like Hudson in return and

we have no backup center or not even a 6th man.

No added depth/No upgrade at PG/No big guard/No

good big men.Does it even improve the cap situation?

Your lineup

Hudson/Wade/Dog/SAR/Theo

Dickau/Hansen/Boris/Hendu/????

I'd like to be able to say I'm impressed....but I'm

not.

Did anyone see T. Hudson when he was playing full time in the playoffs? He looked better than Jason Terry in my opinion! He is definitely a better defender and runs a team with the same capability JT does if not better! I think that they are very very very similiar.

and do you know how much of a surprise that was to everyone? Hudon's shocking play was the only reason Minny gave showed what they did in the playoffs...and there's a reason that the team has actively gone around to replace him this offseason. It was a flash in the pan.

I'm not trying to say that JT is a perenial all-star, but he's pretty much what Hudson was in the playoffs, give or take, but on a much more consistent basis. Hudson isn't that player.

Gunna try and be as nice as possible

"Did anyone see T. Hudson when he was playing full time in the playoffs? He looked better than Jason Terry in my opinion! He is definitely a better defender and runs a team with the same capability JT does if not better! I think that they are very very very similiar."

1)There is no KG here to draw attention from him

2)You should have learned about flukes from Bibby

last year...

3)You don't throw players to high standards after one

playoffs.Austin Croshere proved this to be true and

so did Bibby.

For a guy that's such a star....He sure did get replaced

aweful quick.

• Premium Member

Well,

I look at the potential and the improvement of Glover since he had steady playing time. I believe that he would play much better than Diaw or Hansen will this year. Somebody can quote you his stat line... It's like 15 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg... Something like that. I happen to believe that that's irrelevant but the way he played is what is more interesting. He played like he was about to break out.

The same holds true for Ira. Ira has had 2 years here and he has put up about the same numbers. I don't think Ira's is a great player but at least you know what you're getting with Ira.

We're looking very carefully at money to the point that I think we have definite limits and really, we probably won't go into the luxury tax area.

• Premium Member

The Lineup after JT goes to Miami and we don't match...

Dickau/Diaw?/Grob/SAR/Theo...

Does that impress you?

or howabout if we match with a 9 million dollar deal:

JT/Diaw/Grob/SAR/Theo....

Does this same team as we had last year that won 35 games impress you?

I say if we give up JT, that we get something out. MY example was the SNT with Miami.

Impressed or not (I've never seen you impressed with anything but the coming of BIg Dog which you proclaimed Championship gold.)... However, what you need to Learn...

1. We're not getting Kobe for JT.

2. We're not getting KG for JT.

3. We probably can't get Vince Carter for JT.

However, I would rather get a rookie with Potential and a PG with 2 years on his contract and 12 million dollars in Salary Cap relief so that we can maneouver next off season than to OVERPAY JT and be stuck with this same team NEXT year or to Lose JT altogether and Have NOTHING to Show for it.

And we make other teams better.You goal either

seems to be ripping off the other team or flat

making them better.

"However, I would rather get a rookie with Potential "

How sucessful is a 6'3 SG gunna be?Isn't that the

same situation we already have?I'm not going to

put that much into a worthless undersized SG's

"potential".Maybe he'll be the next David Wesley

or Antonio Daniels.

"owever, I would rather get a rookie with Potential and a PG with 2 years on his contract and 12 million dollars in Salary Cap relief so that we can maneouver next off season "

Maneouver with what??Nobody wants Dog and SAR or

they would have already been traded.

If you are going to do this then go right on ahead and

ship off Dog and SAR also so we can start rebuilding now.

"(I've never seen you impressed with anything but the coming of BIg Dog which you proclaimed Championship gold.)"

Just like Shawn Marion was Stacy Augmon....eh?

Thats not true about the money Diesel......there is no telling what kind of money we will have......they just cant spend AOL's money right now, which is the problem Knight has found himself in. Once the sale is final and approved by everyone and McDavid takes over there is no telling what type of splash he will make. Having lived in McDavid country for the past 10 years of my life I have seen how extravagent the guy is, if not annoying with his ads, but at the very least extravagent. The guy has a lot of money and there is no telling whether or not he will spend it like the Maloofs and Cuban, but I have a feeling that he will. This guy is a basketball fanatic and I feel he will do whatever it takes to be considered to be like the Maloofs and Cuban and even Blank.