• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We may be without Marvin Sunday

JackB1

from that ESPN article:

"Worse, Atlanta may be without the services of Marvin Williams. He sprained his left knee in the fourth quarter, apparently bending it sideways, and although he made a brief return with 10.6 seconds left, he didn't appear to move well and Kevin Garnett scored very easily over him to cut the margin to two points."

In the woodson post game, they said trainers would treat it and rest it saturday and he would play on sunday...probably less minutes if it starts to act up. Sounded like woodson was matter of fact with that statement hah...like "not with my job on the line"!

Doesn't sound good.

Quote:

Williams, who was hurt in the fourth quarter of a win Friday night, took part in a walkthrough at Philips Arena on Saturday before the team departed for Boston. But his knee was iced and heavily taped, and he didn't even attempt to bend it during the light, 30-minute workout.

"It's pretty sore right now," said Williams, who led the Hawks with 18 points in Game 6. "As of right now, the trainers list me as doubtful. I'll do the best I can to get as much treatment as I can and see if I can play tomorrow."

This just gives someone else a chance to step up and contribute. I nominate Mario West to be put in the lineup. I doubt Woody starts Childress, he seems to like him coming off the bench.

Looks like Marvin's saying otherwise now...

"I'm good," Williams said Saturday afternoon. "I ready to go. This is Game 7, man. Nobody wants to miss Game 7 of anything."

He was great Friday night but I still feel more comfortable with Chill out there for the majority of the minutes. Still, we need a shooter for JJ to find out of the double-team, and Marvin's our best mid-range option...

Quote:

This just gives someone else a chance to step up and contribute. I nominate Mario West to be put in the lineup. I doubt Woody starts Childress, he seems to like him coming off the bench.

I'd love to see Mario make the starting lineup. That would definately make my day. It's not like it's a brilliant tactical decision; he's a non-threat offensively, especially against a great defensive team like Boston. But 1) he went to my high school, and 2) he brings a lot of energy to the floor. Hawks will need to rev up the energy on the road-they haven't come close to bringing it like they have at home yet.

I'd love to watch him ride Ray Allen's jock for the first couple of minutes to set the tone, and then maybe leave after commiting a hard foul on Pierce. And Woody has established a precedent for doing this-both games that Marvin missed this season, Mario started. Last time was against Sacromento on February 27, and Mario started in his place: 7 points, 5 rebounds (4 offensive) in 16 minutes. The other game, back in November against Milwaukee, were a relatively quiet 14 minutes.

Chillz, Zaza and the starters are just gonna have to be prepared to play lots and lots of minutes I guess.

It's a shame this had to happen after Marvin *finally* had an excellent game, but them's the breaks.

Quote:

Chillz, Zaza and the starters are just gonna have to be prepared to play lots and lots of minutes I guess.

It's a shame this had to happen after Marvin *finally* had an excellent game, but them's the breaks.

he had a good game but we'd better off without him.because when someone like that is out,someone like Acie gets more minutes and he ususally performs.If he's out or doesn't start,start Acie,Bibby and Joe together.