• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Offseason goals

A-town Hawks

Alrite, besides the fact of suffering a disspointing game 7. I must commend our young hawks on there efforts and basically achieving what many didnt think possible. But now its time for a critical offseason where we can becom a great team and continue to build or become one of the latest, one playoff visit then crumble teams like Milwaukee. Heres somethings i would like to see done as I play GM.

1. DO NOT EXTEND WOODSON

For anyone thinking he may deserve another chance due to the nice showing we had in this past series, you're wrong! I give no credit to our wins to woody he has not shown us anything. Our team looked horrible in the halfcourt unless someone was going off. His qusetionable substitution patterns were on display, like the lack of minutes given to Acie wen he was playing well and Bibby was not. Then the uninspired halftime speeches were almost laughable, Woody would just beg for his team to do this and do that. I see no player-to-coach respect. We won those three games due to heart, energy, and us THE FANS. He even was taking heat from established coaches who were calling the game.

2. Hire a top notch coach

This what we need a coach to bring us to the next level. We need a defensive guru, someone that gets our guys in the open court more, and disciplined in our halfcourt sets. I like a guy like Mike Fratello to do this. He is already familiar with the franchise and has a respected name and legacy in this league. He would have our player playing free-hardnosed basketball. Also l'd take a look at Hubie Brown, Avery Johnson

3. Resign Smoove and Chillz

I think these to guys showed us their worth, when they were at home. Ok I recognize that they didnt do much on the road but who did? With proper coaching I see smith ascending to a all-star and having alot more games like he did in game 4 & 5. And in the right system that Mike Fratello will bring, Chilldress should become the top sixth man in the league (move over manu! lol). I say Smith 6 year/60 mil and Chilldress 4year/24 mil

4. Upgrade the wing

This I believe is a huge step in developing a title worthy team. We need a 3 that is willing to play hard nosed D on the Kobes and Lebrons and also be a efficient slasher that can complement bibby and Johnsons shooting strengths. Corey Maggete is the perfect player for the job. Although he is not known for being the top notch defender I said we need. I strongly believe that Fratello will bring him there, and it may not be as hard as it seems. Maggete is super athletic, smart, and very very strong. These things give him the potential to be a awesome defender. He has a Ron Artest body and i think he can be come a Ron Artest like defender when given all the right help in that department.

Maggete as a scorer is a perfect fit with this teams roster. He is one of the league leaders in free throw attempts and free throw % (and we all know the success we have when we drive, Game 6). Getting maggete is the tricky part altough I think a Acie & Marvin package would more than do the trick Maggete has the option to opt out of his current contract, we will have to watch and see his case to know if he is available. Also I'd take a look at Jason Rich, R.Jefferson, and Redd.

5. Keep Bibby

It was a bad year for Bibby, who has had to deal with serious injuries that when reported as healed nagged him all year, adjusting to a new team and city, and working in bad offensive systems while under bad coaching (woody). I think next year he will return to form. This off-season bibby will be able to rest and and heal, learn his teammates and city more through training camp, and play under a real coach and a real system that will actually suit him and his teammates. He will have all off-season to get out of his shooting funk and return to being the fast paced, dead eye shooting pg he has been over the years. Bibby kows how to run a NBA team and I know he may have a huge salary but next year when it ends I can see it going down from its current 14.5 mil. a year to maybe 9 mil. Bibby will be a main engine that runs this team to a top seed in the East next year. Viva La Bibby!

Our 08-09 Roster

C : Horford/Zaza/Jones

Pf : Smith/Andersen

Sf : Maggete/Childress/West

sg: Johnson/Childress/Richardson

pg: Bibby/Salim

Coach: Mike Fratello

This team is fast paced, toughand well coached. Lead defesively by a Hard nosed strong perimeter defender in Corey Maggete, and maybe the #1 help defender in the league, Josh Smith. This team is a great rebounding team using their athleticism & quickness to crash the offensive & defensive boards with precision. Their balenced offensive attack is usually lead by All-star Joe Johnson, and ran by battle tested guard Mike Bibby. Corey Maggete and Josh Smith are a constant threat to get to the rim as they slash relentlessly. Horford's leadership, rebounding skills, and inside presence may show why he is the heart of this team. His emotion mixed with his skill and knack for winning energizes this team. Josh Chilldress is a beautiful offensive rebounder and does alot of the"dirty work" for his team form the wing position. He head lines the bench. There is a new attitude in Atlanta, and this team is ready to challenge for its chance to perform on the nba's biggest stage. The NBA Finals.

My Prediction 52-26, #3 seed in eastern conference playoffs

What do you all think?

I like the Woody for Fratello stuff and the resigning Smoove and Chillz part, the rest doesn't look good to me. Marvin and Acie need another year or two to prove what they are or aren't worth, giving them up for Maggette makes no sense to me.

From what we've heard, BK is gonna make a large enough contract offer to David Anderson to get him to not renew in Moscow. We also need to add another bigman. I don't see alot of better centers being available, maybe we can get Petro someone similar, I don't really like Diop btw.

I assume Salim and Solo will be gone, maybe we can get a little something for Salim. Mario really doesn't have NBA level skills, he'll probably be gone. Jeremy Richardson probably stick just because we need bodies.

We'll need another PG and another SG. Tony Allen and one of Memphis' points would be nice pickups even if it took Chillz to get one.

Acie, Bibby, Crittendon

JJ, Tony Allen

Marvin, Richardson

Smoove, Anderson

Horford, Petro, Zaza

I like that team, lot's of multipositional players. Anderson could be the first man off the bench and slide Horford and Smoove down a position. Crittendon or similar would be an important pickup in case Acie doesn't pan out and so we could trade Bibby's contract for at least a good pick.

Quote:

I like the Woody for Fratello stuff and the resigning Smoove and Chillz part, the rest doesn't look good to me. Marvin and Acie need another year or two to prove what they are or aren't worth, giving them up for Maggette makes no sense to me.

From what we've heard, BK is gonna make a large enough contract offer to David Anderson to get him to not renew in Moscow. We also need to add another bigman. I don't see alot of better centers being available, maybe we can get Petro someone similar, I don't really like Diop btw.

I assume Salim and Solo will be gone, maybe we can get a little something for Salim. Mario really doesn't have NBA level skills, he'll probably be gone. Jeremy Richardson probably stick just because we need bodies.

We'll need another PG and another SG. Tony Allen and one of Memphis' points would be nice pickups even if it took Chillz to get one.

Acie, Bibby, Crittendon

JJ, Tony Allen

Marvin, Richardson

Smoove, Anderson

Horford, Petro, Zaza

I like that team, lot's of multipositional players. Anderson could be the first man off the bench and slide Horford and Smoove down a position. Crittendon or similar would be an important pickup in case Acie doesn't pan out and so we could trade Bibby's contract for at least a good pick.

Critt under contract and has trade value... not really. Petro can't start in this league, he is Solo pt. Center. Tony Allen is likely to re-sign.

Yeah Acie's not going anywhere... he's still our "PG of the future" and Bibby's just supposed to bridge the gap and make 3s... plus, he showed some promise late in the year and in the playoffs.

I like your priorities tho... getting rid of Woody, and hopefully BK, and finding a disciplinarian coach. In the 4th quarter Van Gundy was discussing our team, saying we needed a couple pieces and for the players to "buy in" to "whatever the coaching staff is teaching" (I think he realizes there's not a lot of "philosophy" in the locker room), but he said most importantly our team needs to mature and learn what it takes to win... winning those three games showed the league we have the potential so hopefully a coach sees that and realizes how high the ceiling is for this team.

I love the Czar, but I'd prefer someone who forces the tempo a bit to take advantage of our skills. He wouldn't be the worst choice, but if we're going with a hard ass defense first guy I'd prefer JVG. Carlisle would be at the top of my list but looks like he'll be in Dallas, and IF D'Antoni is available B. Colangelo will fire Sam Mitchell and hire him, or he'll go to Chicago/NY. I think Avery Johnson is overrated and took a great team built by the Nelsons, so I'd pass....

Quote:

I like your priorities tho... getting rid of Woody, and hopefully BK, and finding a disciplinarian coach. In the 4th quarter Van Gundy was discussing our team, saying we needed a couple pieces and for the players to "buy in" to "whatever the coaching staff is teaching" (I think he realizes there's not a lot of "philosophy" in the locker room),

Woody is a disciplinarian. Van Gundy was saying these guys miss the mark by Not buying into Woody's system. Joe and others have said several times, when they trust the instructions and follow them the are successful. It is why Joe again ask for Vets because he is sick of JSmith and Marvin with immature games. There is philosophy in the locker room but guys have to learn it and follow it.

Most fans are jaded because like the immature Hawks, they really do not know enough to know they don't know.