• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(hopefully) good trade idea (ATL-DEN-MIL)

wakingup

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=

Apologies for the Redd obsession lately, but he's basically stuck on a Milwaukee squad going nowhere and from a bit of reading from fans, they don't want him or his contract or defence.

Getting Camby would give us a proven center, shotblocker, and someone who can help mold Smith and Solo into good shotblockers and better tall guys. Redd would be Redd.

Milwaukee would get Bibbys expiring to keep or dump, Marvin as Marvin or to better complement a rebuilding mode, that Green person just to make it work and Pachulia to try and replace Bogut. They'd also get rid of Redd's huge contract

Denver would get rid of Camby's contract since they're WAY over the cap. We could get 2 years out of him or so and make a run at the title in the east, he is getting on a bit in years but he's still a good veteran who could help teach. Plus his contract would be gone too (and basically negligible after a season or 2). They'd get Bogut who could easily replace Camby, and Mo Williams who (from what I've read) Bucks fans don't like (they basically wanted Redd and Mo gone). He could play point for Denver which according to this is one position they're looking for (as well as cap relief). (Assuming he can play point - never heard/read much about him anyway)

Milwaukee would enter rebuilding phase, Denver would be about the same + cap relief to sign JR smith perhaps, and we'd make a run at the East title + championship. Sign Andersen to get a good backup big or rely on Solo.

Our lineup:

C - Camby, Andersen

PF - Horford/Smith

SF - Redd/Smith

SG - Johnson (or other way around)/Childress

PG - Law

Denver:

C - Bogut

PF - Carmelo/Martin

SF - Dunno, Iverson?

SG - Kleiza or someone

PG - Williams

Milwaukee: Wouldn't have a clue what their lineup would be tbh

EDIT; This too

Denver would dump even MORE off their cap, and Milwaukee gets a still young but injury prone big man who could replace Bogut when healthy. Eh, borderline because of injuries, but who knows.

• Premium Member

Quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...~1~15&te=&cash=

Apologies for the Redd obsession lately, but he's basically stuck on a Milwaukee squad going nowhere and from a bit of reading from fans, they don't want him or his contract or defence.

Getting Camby would give us a proven center, shotblocker, and someone who can help mold Smith and Solo into good shotblockers and better tall guys. Redd would be Redd.

Milwaukee would get Bibbys expiring to keep or dump, Marvin as Marvin or to better complement a rebuilding mode, that Green person just to make it work and Pachulia to try and replace Bogut. They'd also get rid of Redd's huge contract

Denver would get rid of Camby's contract since they're WAY over the cap. We could get 2 years out of him or so and make a run at the title in the east, he is getting on a bit in years but he's still a good veteran who could help teach. Plus his contract would be gone too (and basically negligible after a season or 2). They'd get Bogut who could easily replace Camby, and Mo Williams who (from what I've read) Bucks fans don't like (they basically wanted Redd and Mo gone). He could play point for Denver which according to
this
is one position they're looking for (as well as cap relief). (Assuming he can play point - never heard/read much about him anyway)

Milwaukee would enter rebuilding phase, Denver would be about the same + cap relief to sign JR smith perhaps, and we'd make a run at the East title + championship. Sign Andersen to get a good backup big or rely on Solo.

Our lineup:

C - Camby, Andersen

PF - Horford/Smith

SF - Redd/Smith

SG - Johnson (or other way around)/Childress

PG - Law

Denver:

C - Bogut

PF - Carmelo/Martin

SF - Dunno, Iverson?

SG - Kleiza or someone

PG - Williams

Milwaukee: Wouldn't have a clue what their lineup would be tbh

EDIT;
This too

Denver would dump even MORE off their cap, and Milwaukee gets a still young but injury prone big man who could replace Bogut when healthy. Eh, borderline because of injuries, but who knows.

If Milwaukee were in such a trading mode, could we just work out something whereby we got Bogut and Redd?

My point is that it's doubtful that Milwaukee would give up Bogut.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bogut+Redd = Marvin+Bibby, but there's no reason Milwaukee would do it, which is why I offered Nene via Denver.

I understand that Denver is in a financial crunch and may be getting a new coach, but that doesn't mean firesale just yet. Unless he has injury problems, I suspect that Nene is not going anywhere. However, I'm sure that Denver would try to sale off Martin to anybody who would take him. Please not us.

I don't want Martin either. Never really liked the player to be honest, but mostly because of his contract. Nene has been injured 156% of the time, and just came back from cancer surgery/rehab/not sure, but he had cancer and now he's working back into things.

In Milwaukee he'd have a shot at recouperating (sp) slower, instead of being rushed into championship mode.

Another thing I didn't honestly think of about this trade is defence - Redd apparently sucks and Camby is only good for blocks and rebounds

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't want Martin either. Never really liked the player to be honest, but mostly because of his contract. Nene has been injured 156% of the time, and just came back from cancer surgery/rehab/not sure, but he had cancer and now he's working back into things.

In Milwaukee he'd have a shot at recouperating (sp) slower, instead of being rushed into championship mode.

Another thing I didn't honestly think of about this trade is defence - Redd apparently sucks and Camby is only good for blocks and rebounds

The only thing bad about Redd is his defense and his contract. Camby is older. After watching the Lakers just spank Denver.. with Camby not being able to stop or hinder Gasol... I don't know if he's too good. But you have to admit that we give up the minimum for those guys. It's a very good deal for us.

I don't see any reason why this makes sense for the Bucks.

They could have resigned Zaza but they let him walk. Since then he looked solid at first, and then regressed badly. Why in the world would they want him back?

They could have taken Marvin instead of Bogut. Bogut hasn't lit the world on fire by any means, but he's still a true center, Marvin isn't. They've both been disappointing to a degree, but a center always is more valuable and harder to replace.

Bibby didn't exactly give teams much of a reason to makes moves for him with the way he played in this series.

There's no upside for the Bucks.

For the Bucks, it was clearing Redds contract, moving Williams and Redd out (from what I've read, they're disliked, so assume that) and Bibby is only there for the expiring contract. He'd be let go, they'd have more room. They won't win a championship with Redd, Bogut, Yi and whoever. They'd basically be constantly grasping at a playoff spot but never being able to get there without somehow trading Redd for Kobe Bryant and Gasol (which obviously won't happen), or getting rid of them and building for another few years from scratch.