• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF Mike Woodson won the battle over BK....

Diesel

Quote:

I don't know if the ASG would immediately give 'Nique the power to get rid of Woodson...but, judging by some of his post-game comments this year, I don't think 'Nique feels Woodson if a good coach.

Hope you're right because Diesel's scenario is worst case. Woodson made a lot of big mistakes, but also made some very good moves and picks. I could see ASG doing the cheap thing by promoting Nique to GM and keeping Woody as the coach. Nique has no experience and we have no idea what kind of manager he'd be. It would also appear as a figurehead position in my mind. A GM with less power than Knight had.

• Premium Member

We don't have a lot of money in our ownership. Not lots of money to spend on a new front office.

Hiring Nique (or Fitzimmon) and keeping Woodson is a cheap option. Unless we get somebody like Ted Turner to go in with ownership and help us rid ourself of Belkin...

Then I don't see us going after a big name GM or coach.

We could get Fitzimmons as GM and then allow him to get a new coach (but not one of these strong vet coaches... Unless Del Harris would take a cheaper offer.)