• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not get better if you can: The ASG WTF!!!!!

Wurider05

Woody is and was a transition coach. If there are better coaches out there why not upgrade while you can. Why not try to get Avery Johnson or Del Harris (my choice for years) the coaches that are out there now are a vast improvement over what we have now. It doesn't make any since. We did good in the playoffs but the regular season was a mess. We underachieved and that goes the coaches head. We were successful in the playoffs because of the players and the Atlanta home crowd. How the ASG handles Woody will let me know how they really feel about the franchise. Why not get better if you can???? I think that while they may possible want another coach those other guys are going to demand more money than what they would have to pay Woody. ANy coach that was successful in the Western conference needs to be checked out if they are on the market. 3 games out of 89 probably saved him his job. Only in Atlanta will this be put of with and it is the acceptance of this kind of mediocrity that will always keep this franchise in the basement. I will go on record right now "IF WE KEEP WOODY WE WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR". Too many other teams are getting better and have actual offensive sets.

Quote:

Woody is and was a transition coach. If there are better coaches out there why not upgrade while you can. Why not try to get Avery Johnson or Del Harris (my choice for years) the coaches that are out there now are a vast improvement over what we have now. It doesn't make any since. We did good in the playoffs but the regular season was a mess. We underachieved and that goes the coaches head. We were successful in the playoffs because of the players and the Atlanta home crowd. How the ASG handles Woody will let me know how they really feel about the franchise. Why not get better if you can???? I think that while they may possible want another coach those other guys are going to demand more money than what they would have to pay Woody. ANy coach that was successful in the Western conference needs to be checked out if they are on the market. 3 games out of 89 probably saved him his job. Only in Atlanta will this be put of with and it is the acceptance of this kind of mediocrity that will always keep this franchise in the basement. I will go on record right now "IF WE KEEP WOODY WE WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR". Too many other teams are getting better and have actual offensive sets.

Agreed 100%

I wanted to post the same sentiments but I wanted to wait until the euphoria us of taking the Celtics to seven games ended. I was so proud of our team but it had noting (IMO) to do with the coach. Thoughout the whole season he has shown us he could not make an in-game adjustment to save his life and it came out in the playoffs. That's why we could not be competitive in Boston. That's why so many medicore players have career games against us. We have talented players on this team and these guys came through in front of our home crowd and played their hearts out.

Everyone wants to give Woody an extension because we were the by product of being in the sorry ass eastern conference. 37 wins do not (IMO) deserve anything but a swift kick out the door. We need to do something quick before all of these REAL coaches are off the market.