• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dumb Trade.....(again)!!!!

emeans

Haven't we learned numerous time......Don't trade your leading scorer (Dominique and Steve Smith). Why are we going down the same road again?

And to top it off we are essentially getting "NOTHING". Brandon may not even play anymore he has always been talking about retiring. Why in the [censored] would we do such a dumb trade.

If you are going to trade Glenn you better get something good in return. So we are basically giving him away!!!

I think this is a very very bad move and I know Philadelphia is happy to have scorer like Glenn.

Man this is why the Hawks are in the hole that they are in. We keep trading our scorers, not to mention our leading scorer.

Wow...total nonsense!!! Just my opinion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we will not be far under the lux tax.Next year

Shareef and Theo's salary increases.Billy Knight is

the biggest moron to ever get an NBA job next to

Pete Babcock.

It's amazing.Pete must still be secretly controlling

things.

Your are right....Billy Knight is clueless!!! He is just as worse as Babcock and Kasten.

I really hope our new owner CLEANS THE HOUSE!!! I mean fire everything that had something to do with the old hawks!!!

Fire everyone down to the concession stand workers. This organization is very pathetic right now!!

Trading Glenn for nothing!!! What is he thinking about!!

Shareef just had back surgery. We may not be able to depend on him day in and day out for scoring.

Can someone please tell me who in the [censored] is going to score on this now other than JT?????

An JT is not a done deal yet!!!! If you lose him then we have aboslutely no scorers other than Shareef and he has a bad back

I can not believe this organization.

Do you people bother to read the articles...or do you just glance at the headlines?

I wonder how much some people on this site know about the NBA, outside of the Hawks.

It's a well known fact that Terrell Brandon will never play again. But, we've had people ask "Well, what if he comes back?"

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/AbdurRahim_H...a-80897-33.html

Read the article.

Shareef had this to correct a bad back that troubled him all season. If anything, he should be even better this year.

From what I've read, Terrell Brandon was quite a hot commodity around the league. I still feel confident about the deal, especially if Chris Crawford is thrown in to make salaries work. I'm not at all worried about SAR, I know he'll do what he has to to come back strong.

The two conversing above definitely don't know much about basketball or the NBA.

It is idiotic to think that we could get anything of value for Glenn Robinson, an overpaid, one dimensional player that brings nothing to the team. This team was 26-43 with him in the line up. They were 9-4 without him in the line up. Simply put, they are much better without him than with him.

To get the relief Brandon's contract will give us is better than what I ever thought we could get for Glenn Robinson.

You think that little 9-4 means jackcrap???It was home

games you retard.And it was after the season was done

decided.

You think Terry is a real PG but he doesn't have to run

an offense because he doesn't have the ability to do

it.You are a stupid JT mark and nothing more.Your a

MARK for Jason Terry and really nothing else.As long

as we keep JT and the 14mill making Shareef we are

on a great path.

Or what about signing cripple DJ?yeah he'll make a

real different.he and his 38% shooting BEFORE the

crash...BEFORE the crash.Not to mention he plays

the ball like a totally wimp shooting all his long 3pt

point shots that don't go in.

You want to keep the same players that have held this

franchise down FOR YEARS.

What has Jason Terry done for the Hawks?

Has he brought them wins?No

Bigger fanbase?No

Good trades?Obviousally not

A stable offense?No

20PPG scoring?Nope

Has he brought good defense?Nope

has he helped attract any FA's to Atlanta?Nope

Our hopes count on a rookie forgiener and a gimp

DJ and a couple of white dudes.

Like Hansen...He sees his biggest asset is that he

is white and can dunk...Whoopeee doo!

What's going to happen is like Diesel said...JT is going

to be re-signed and we are still going to have a unstable

offense and bad defense because we get toasted by

JT's man nearly every game.I'm sure you guys seen

what Gilbert Arenas and Mike James done to JT.

Is that the guy you really want back?Not to mention

or offense has been bad since JT got here.Have we

even averaged 96PPG since JT got here?You going to

blame a 30 point loss to Memphis all on Dog?

Minnesota does. Atlanta doesn't.

Robinson for Brandon fits the trade restrictions. Sprewell costs more than Brandon, so the Timberwolves have to give up something else to make the deal work. That apparently will be Marc Jackson.

First of all let me say this is a much better deal and I feel much better since they received a 1st round pick with the deal. Before this it was a very bad deal. You have to get something for Glenn.

And as for you KB21.....9 - 4 is not a good barometer of what he is worth without playing, especially with most of those games being at home against weak talent. It is just not enough games for judgement and the loses with him weren't just his faught, as you will see this coming season when the Hawks wind up at the bottom portion of the East!!!

Secondly you are the one that knows absolutely nothing about basketball or the Hawks. How can you say "It is idiotic to think that we could get anything of value for Glenn Robinson, an overpaid, one dimensional player that brings nothing to the team."

What??!!@#....the last time I checked he was the Hawks leading scorer last year and he has consistently averaged over 20 points a game through out his career. He is no fluke!!

To say he bring nothing to the team is straight out stupidity and one of the dumbest statements on this board. So again let me correct you......You don't know much about anything, not to mention basketball!!!

Also, If we couldn't get anything of value for Glenn Robinson why did we get a 1st round pick also. Now who is the idiot?? Look close at yourself!!!

Now I feel much better about this deal, but before they announce the 1st round pick this was not a good deal even though it freed up cap space....you have to get something in return for Glenn, but your non basketball knowing self was saying it was a good deal without anything else. Keep your day job because you don't know much!!

• Premium Member

That's what we got for GRob. It may mean little to you as a fan, but if it means resigning JT, staying under the luxury tax, and not playing much worse (than the .378 clip the $10M GRob accomplished), it's a good deal.

It's as good a deal as we would have got.

I just fail to see why you guys think JT is a god or

something.Resign Jt!Resign JT!

There is the reason why no other team has made an

offer to JT.It's because his flaws are bigger than the

things he contributes.

Hotlanta,

I don't think everyone thinks JT is a god.

I think most people here wanted to get Miller.

But, we couldn't.

If we let JT walk... we have no PGs and worse yet... there is no PG free agents better than JT. There is no one on the roster we could trade for a PG, save Reef.

Now, if I remember correctly Hottie, you were the first one kicking Glenn "Fat Dog" Robinson. You wanted his slow, delapidated [censored] gone. Well, he is gone.

21 PPG is nothing when you let your man score 20-25.

You really are searching for reasons to complain... but, seriously, if you had the reins ... what would you do? Let JT walk and hope you could find some scrub in the NBDL that could run point? Within reason, what would you do if you were in Knight's shoes? How would you differ?

Play.

I consider JT as big of the problem as Dog.Dog is lazy..

but JT is just a stupid player.He doesn't understand

defensive positioning,how to run an offense and is

just a dumb player.

"If we let JT walk... we have no PGs and worse yet... there is no PG free agents better than JT. There is no one on the roster we could trade for a PG, save Reef."

We arleady don't have a PG.Baron Davis can run plays.

JT can't.Nothing comes easier when JT is on the court.

"

Now, if I remember correctly Hottie, you were the first one kicking Glenn "Fat Dog" Robinson. You wanted his slow, delapidated [censored] gone. Well, he is gone. "

We already have a huge lack of talent as it is.Losing Newble,Glover and lose Dog for a pick in 4 years?Do

we plan to still be rebuilding in 4 years?If so,I sure

as [censored] will not be around.

"

You really are searching for reasons to complain... but, seriously, if you had the reins ... what would you do? Let JT walk and hope you could find some scrub in the NBDL that could run point?"

We'd be better off with Armstrong running PG.Atleast

he can make a correct post pass.Jt throws it near out

of bounds or in the wrong places.

"Within reason, what would you do if you were in Knight's shoes? How would you differ?"

i would have actually got something that helped rebuild

now instead of in 5 years.

I'm not stupid enough to put my faith in a stupid Frenchman and Mormon.

[censored],Sactown/Minnesota/Lakers/Spurs are getting talent...

what are we doing?Counting on a couple of low draft

picks for help.

It's sicken.

Hotlanta,

I don't believe that Knight is under the false impression that Diaw or Hanson are the future of this organization. They are late round picks. If they even play at this level, it is impressive.

Who would you have drafted at that point that would help us immediately? Is there anyone? What move would you make?

JT is a plug. I agree wholeheartedly. If we do not resign him, I wouldn't shed a tear. I already believe the season is over. If he walks somewhere else, good for him. Good luck, short stuff.

It just means we will win 10 games instead of 29. The difference is negligible.

As for losing Glover and Newble... who cares? You nag Glover and Newble just as bad as you did Glenn and just as much as you do JT. If we resigned Newble, you'd be laughing about how we paid too much for an NBDL scrub. Those two are completely expendible.

I would love a PG. I would like Kenny Anderson, Armstrong... anyone... but, I don't think we can do that, yet.

Play.

HotLanta,

Lakers are getting talent because they are LA. These guys grew up watching LA. They can win a championship immediately if they play there (or at least that is the thought). How can you compete with a guy who is willing to take a cut in salary... at that point it has nothing to do with money. They wanted to finish it out in LA.

Spurs could get talent because they just won a championship and gained a larger salary cap boon than we did.

Sac/Minn can add talent because they have a bit of money and owners. We have neither right now.

What is sickening is the thought that we honestly believe that we could compete right now. We can't. It will take a year or two before any dividends are paid.

Play.