• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Future

jezmund

The more I think about the trade and why we did it, the more I like it. Although I hate realizing this but our rebuilding efforts didn't turn out like we had hoped. Instead of making little moves here and there with the same core of players, we have to almost do it all over again. This was the first step in that direction. I think we are very much in a similar position to Denver a few years ago. Even though they rid themselves of NVE and Lafrentz, I think we'll keep one of our big players down the road.

• Premium Member

I have heard talk about this trade on ESPN today and have also read all of the posts on this site. There seems to be a much wider range of feelings about this trade than the one from last year that got us grob (which were actually mostly positive, at least until the hawks actually started playing).

I just now saw that this trade has been completed with the Hawks getting brandon's contract, cash, holcomb (who I don't know much about), and a first round pick. This has made me feel much better about this trade. Hopefully this is a good starting point for the Hawks future.

I also heard from ESPN that Brandon is not even reporting to Atlanta because basically his playing career is over and he will make it official about retiring, which I believe he did that already last year. I think this is good for us, because we wont have to spend that money on paying him, I also heard we will sign JT and make a run for a free agent or 2.