• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim Stoudamire sexiest vegetarian

jross99

I nominate this for strangest thread title in Hawksquawk history!

You look around at that website and it really makes you realize just how weird PETA is. They are way out there, and no- being a vegetarian does not make one morally superior to anyone else. It's just a personal choice.

I wonder if PETA is aware of perhaps the most famous vegetarian of all time- that being one Adolf Hitler? Hitler was a strict and devout vegetarian at a time when vegetarianism was considered pretty unusual, especially for men. A male vegetarian at that time raised a lot of eyebrows, as in "What, is this guy some kind of a fruit or something? He can't eat real meat like real men are supposed to?". But apparently Hitler took great issue with the idea of killing animals for food. He felt it was immoral and unconscionable to do so, which is a somewhat odd outlook considering he had no qualms with exterminating millions of human lives.

Anyway, PETA's weird as hell.

It's funny you mention Hitler being a vegetarian as I just stumbled upon this old Slate article the other day... Was Hitler a vegetarian?

Essentially, Hitler was NOT a vegetarian and often eat ham and caviar. The author profiled in the article also wrote a book on the subject... Hitler: Neither Vegetarian or Animal Lover

Salim, OTOH, is a vegan... even though I don't like his game he will always have my respect because of that fact.

Quote:

There was a South Park episode about PETA...I often look to South Park when my moral compass is distorted and PETA folks seemed pretty odd in that one.

Totally agree on South Park. They are as scathingly truthful, relevant and funny as they've ever been.