News and notes from the NW

Just got done reading today's local paper and listening to some local sports radio. Thought I'd share a few random nuggets, although they're nothing terribly enlightening.

First, the Blazers, along with nearly every other lottery team (Seattle also), wouldn't mind trading their pick. Not to suggest that we swing a deal, but I keep hearing that the Blazers are interested in Bibby to be their PG. Speaking of the Blazers and PGs, I heard some talk about Rudy Fernandez this morning and it's all positive. "NBA-ready" type of talk. Wonder if they'd be willing to trade him along with matching contracts for Bibby and/or Marvin. The two biggest areas the Blazers are looking to address are PG and SF, so you know, let's make a deal!

Just some food for thought.

How about this trade. Atlanta sends Mike Bibby ( who by the way Id rather keep) just for fun though, we send Mike Bibby and Speedy Clankston to Portland for Joel Prysbilla, Raef Lafrenz ( who expires like Bibby after this the 08/09 season) and Jarret Jack. It wont work on trade checkers because Lafrenz has to wait for his early termintaion option. However after July 1st it should work. Acie and Jack would have to man the point which may not work but one of them could step up. Prysbilla gives us a quality defender and rebounder at center so Al can play the 4. We get rid of Clankstons contract a year early and Portland ownership has shown they will pay dead salary to get a deal done. Also maybe one of those companies Gearon deals with in China can invent some kick ayss artificial legs for Laefrnz

Quote:

Just got done reading today's local paper and listening to some local sports radio. Thought I'd share a few random nuggets, although they're nothing terribly enlightening.

First, the Blazers, along with nearly every other lottery team (Seattle also), wouldn't mind trading their pick. Not to suggest that we swing a deal, but I keep hearing that the Blazers are interested in Bibby to be their PG. Speaking of the Blazers and PGs, I heard some talk about Rudy Fernandez this morning and it's all positive. "NBA-ready" type of talk. Wonder if they'd be willing to trade him along with matching contracts for Bibby and/or Marvin. The two biggest areas the Blazers are looking to address are PG and SF, so you know, let's make a deal!

Just some food for thought.

I like the way you think. Don't know that I want the number one pick, but if it came with the right other pieces I'd take the deal. We'd have to take on a big contract like Lafrenz, but he's a big body. i can't see us going into next year with Acie and Rudy, need a vet at pg. But I've always thought Pryz would be good for Horford. Seems like there are several alternatives there.

Quote:

what's the weather like in Vancouver? Would love to have some relief from our heat and it's only June.

It's freezing up here. Very unseasonably cold, even for the NW. Temps dip into the low 50s at night and it's windy. You'd think we canceled summer up here and went straight to fall...

• 3 weeks later...

All I've been hearing the past few days is that the Blazers are interested in TJ Ford and David Lee. With Ford off the market, makes me wonder who else they are targeting at PG. They have a dearth of draft picks so it's not like they won't have a lot of options. I'm still holding out and hoping that we're one of them.