• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andersen's contract

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Was that signing finalized after BK left or what?

W

No. It seems pretty certain he is coming over but nothing has been signed as far as we know.

It woud be judicious to get that done and then we'd know where we stand moving forward.

Nothing has really been determined on the David Andersen front... there was a report that said we signed DA to a "preliminary contract" but there is no such contract in the NBA and I think the Israeli newspaper was just confused...

Obviously, we own his rights, and he is a free agent this summer. He has also said that he'd like to play in the NBA in the future.... all good signs. However, he's being paid well in Europe... ~$2M after taxes plus all his expenses are paid for, and he'll get a raise this summer. He's also an All-Star and on a winning club (he just led CSKA to the Euroleague championship... their 3rd straight appearance and second title in three years).

I think it would take at least $4M to get him over here using our MLE, but we might have to use the whole MLE (~$5.5M) which I'm not sure the ASG would go for. Until the contract is signed I'd give it 50/50 just b/c DA has said he'd really like to play in the NBA.