• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Jason Richardson?

DJ_Money

Could we get him? Would we want him?

Rumors have been swirling ever since GS surprised everyone by taking Pietrus in the draft. Reportedly, JRich is now upset that GS didn't do more to try to keep his friend, Gilbert Arenas.

The thing that GS fans say that they want is a big PF who can rebound the ball.

Nazr/CC for Richardson/Fortson works under the cap.

Nazr/Murphy would be a good enough PF tandem in the West. We would take on Fortson, who's deal is similar to Nazr's, but a year longer.

Now...would we want Jason Richardson on this team?

The biggest knock on Richardson coming out of Michigan State was his lack of a jumpshot. So far, he's a 42% shooter in the NBA. Not pretty. Although, I remember reading an article somewhere about a "curse" that haunts Golden State's SGs, if that means anything to you.

I was thinking about Richardson before the draft, and dismissed him because he isn't a great ballhandler. He's decent enough, though. But, if we start Diaw at the 3, we don't have that problem anymore.

Richardson is the 2x defending Slam Dunk Champion, as you probably know. He has amazing athleticism. He would be the most exciting player the Hawks have had since 'Nique. Could he attract a few more people to the Phil?

So, let's get a discussion going, would anyone want Jason Richardson in a Hawks uni?

Richardson is exciting to watch and he threw down a couple of monster dunks on us. His game has major holes in it though although he is considered to be a hard worker. Although he is not a true SG I'd rather try to pry Gerald Wallace away from Sacramento. I still can't figure out why we didn't draft him. Also Fortson's contract sucks.

biggest problem is, he's a sf playing sg. His game is almost identical in every way to Richard Jefferson...clone-like. But with Jamison and co. clogging the frontcourt, there's no room, so they force him into the backcourt...he can't shoot well from range and doesn't have much in the way of handles for a two guard. It would only work is Diaw really came along quickly as a point forward and improved his shot from long range...and the nba three is further than the int.

in the words of austin powers, I'll stay