• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are rebuilding....and it's about time...

dimes4life

Hawks fans, I know what you guys are feeling right now. Remember, from 1985-1995 the Kings were terrible! I mean terrible! Nobody, I mean nobody wanted to come to a city that had 300,00 thousand people and was undeveloped. Now, the Kings have a great team-with another great addition, that of Brad Miller. We now have 1.5 million people in our county, and we are an estabilished city with an established team in a great western conference. Now, although the Hawks are pretty bad right now, and with no official word of the new ownership, coach, general manager, etc. they are still in a great city. And with the trade of Big Dog Robinson, the Hawks will have 11 million dollars freed up. With this money they can resign Terry, try to sign Odom or another player or they can wait it out and save there money for a better player. And they also get a future first rounder and lose a cancer from the locker room who plays with zero enthusiasm and plays no defense. They can always resign Demarr Johnson too. After ownership is established, the Hawks can work from there and then they can become a team again. But for now the Hawks look like they have started over. And that is good, but if the Hawks do not make the playoffs this year do not be frusterated but rather hold your heads high and continue to be loyal fans that you are. Atleast they will have a lottery pick? Here is a potential starting line-up:

C)Theo

Pf)Reef

Sf)Odom, Diaw, Johnson, etc.

Sg)Diaw, Johnson, etc.

Pg)Terry

This is not a bad team. Remember, you have two great teams in the Braves and Falcons....

The problem is the team has no legit guys to build

around.they'll be bad probably atleast 3 or 4 more

years and they have no gave fans a reason to be

loyal to them.Why are people loyal to million dollar

athletes in the first place?They don't put any money

in my pocket.

Being loyal to a pro sports team is about the dumbest

thing you can do.

I decided to abandon my webpage because these guys

shouldn't have a fanpage.

Odom is not a good 3point shooter, with that lineup the only shooter on the floor is Jason Terry who struggled somewhat with his shot last season.Diaw can't even shoot inside the 3point arc. Teams will sink back on Shareef all year long.

Blunt,

Sinking in to Reef isn't a problem, if you have someone who can slash or dribble penetrate and dish.

That will cause the defense to play a bit more conservative.

The problem is that in the past year we had niether of these skills. We had a guy who could shoot midrange, but NOT create his own shot. So, defenses collapsed even more. And JT, who was struggling from outside and does not dribble penetrate too effectively for passing. So, teams knew what to expect.

Reef AND Odom can take it to the hole. Odom is a decent distributor. I don't think he is the answer, but it would be interesting to watch.

Play.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Sinking in to Reef isn't a problem, if you have someone who can slash or dribble penetrate and dish.

That will cause the defense to play a bit more conservative.

This is absolutely not true. Why do you think the Knicks, Pistons, and Heat and Bulls dominated Basketball with Physical play... Here's an example...

When Toronto was good a few years ago, they had Vinny C, Tmac, and some other guys. They drew NY first round. All NY did was fall back in the paint and STOPPED all of Tmac's and Vince's driving dunks. They also played Physical and discouraged Vince from coming in the paint at all. At the time, Vince didn't have a strong three point game but the next year he did.

Slashers do not cause Defense to play Conservative....Not without being a three point threat.

• Premium Member

They had a mix of Antonio Davis and Charles Oakley.

THey also had Kevin Willis, Doug Christie and Tracey McGrady.

From the way I see it....

This is a team filled with Slashers and Finishers. However, the Mighty Knicks just fell back into the paint and waited.

Diesel,

Again, my point is that Reef is twice the offensive stud that Davis and Oakley combined are.

A team comprised of slashers won't help, because the team is too one-dimensional. You know that. It is in diversification.

If we don't have a deep three-point threat, then we need slashers to beat the zone.

We have the inside presence. We would need dribblers and passers to open up the zone.

That is how you beat a zone. Spot up deep shooting, or dribble penetration.

Play.