• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Daiw is PG not SF

asdogg

Just because people say he is a poor man's pippen, there is no reason to assume Daiw is a SF. Daiw is a tall PG who will play sf on occassion(We can not have a non scoring and poor shooting SF and expect to win). Jt will assume his SG roll. This will turn down the TO and increase scoring. Plus our D improves because you have a tall PG to complement JT. If this is our team look for this rotation:

PG Daiw/ dickau

SG JT/ ? Demarr

SF SAR/ CC/ Hansen

Center Theo/ Mohammed

PF Hendu/ ?

AsDogg,

Do you believe that Daiw is capable of running the point in his rookie campaign? I do not think he has the ability yet.

He is going to have a tough enough time changing the tempo of the game and getting used to not carrying the ball .. running the point is another egg to add to the basket.

Maybe long run he will be there, but starting the season?

Play.

PG is the hardest position to learn in the L. It even took Gary Payton a year or two to get everything down. I do believe that BD will become our main ball-handler, but to say that he'll be a PG, starting in fact, is a bit much. I like the idea of playing him at SF in a Pippen-like role. We can match him up defensively against the 2 guards in the East and yield great results. On the offensive end, he allows JT (hopefully) and Reef to do their thing. I think playing him "out of position" at the 3 is the best thing to do for this season, and his career...

J

Theres no signs that say he'd play POINT this year (as of now).

He might though, i mean nobody expected JT to play the 2guard when he came out of the league. Nobody expected Henderson to play C/PF/SF at one point in this league. Anything can happen.

But according to summer league and some articles, he's a SF (for now)...

Diaw has been playing the point for his entire carrier in France.

I think he knows how to play the point. He needs a little time to get used to the US Game but it should not take too long.

There is just no doubt in my mind he should play the point. He should be way better than Dickau. Dickau was unimpressive at best last year.

I think he'll be the guy setting up plays on offense. But if JT is in, JT will be guarding the opponent's PG. I would imagine JT might still bring the ball up from the backcourt. I don't think it really matter what position you label him as. You definitely don't want him running the point full time until he's had a full season to get used to the US style of play

Well, I don't think Diaw was drafted to take the ball out of Jason Terry's hands. Terry is at his best when he has the ball, because he can create for himself and his teammates.

I think Diaw was drafted to give the Hawks another ball handler in the line up and a guy who can initiate the offense at times. The Hawks do want Terry to utilize his shooting ability more often than he did last season, so they do want him to play without the ball some to move around to find his shot. Diaw will get the ball to him. I don't think they will exclusively make Terry a shooting guard though, because he is still a very capable point guard who can put up 20 and 8 night in and night out.

Look at Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury. They are scoring point guards, but both have players who can initate the offense at times. Francis has Mobely, and Marbury has Hardaway. Payton had Nate McMillan early in his career, and Nate McMillan the coach played Payton alongside Emanuel Davis quite a bit in the 2000-2001 season.

exactly. and baron davis has david wesley. anyone notice that the suns, and starbury, struggled when penny was hurt this year? he's the sort of floormate that such "pg's" need.

in response to another thread, yes, the GRob/SAR/Theo frontcourt could have been an excellent trio...without JT being on the team and Miller, and probably only Andre Miller (right now) as the pg. He's the only guard in the L with that sort of half court game and vision...very much like Stockton.

As far as Diaw Handling the ball could he be a young version of Penny Hardaway when he first came into the league except without the scoring ability. The magic tried to use Hardaway as a pg but he didn't want to play it in the NBA. As long as we don't try to make Diaw play pg on a full time basis I think he can help the team.