• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's Why Theo should be traded....

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. We don't have a team that can compliment his backside help. He still will have to cover for JT and Reef.

2. In two years, he becomes a free agent. If he doesn't like playing for Atlanta Now, it's only 2 offseasons until he is to be gone. He could easily walk leaving us with nothing.

3. His injury History (and motivation history) is one that doesn't really appeal to many. Mostly his motivation. From Philly, it was said that he got on Brown's nerves because he was a punk...

4. His value is high now, he can bring us some players that compliment.

I'm sticking with Theo for Odom/Wilcox.

Both teams take a risk. Us because Odom hasn't been mister durable. Them because they would have Theo/Brand as their frontcourt.

However....

Odom is one of the only players that compliment JT (that is still young). The other is Derrick Anderson.

A Similar trade for Anderson is :

Theo/CC for Anderson/Davis.

This is a trade that I would definitely do.

All that and I'd still take Odom.... Anderson hasn't been durable either. Odom plays better defense in my opinion. I think Anderson is the better shooter, but I think Odom is the more Athletic player.

Say we do the Odom Deal. I would follow by offering the MCE to Elden Campbell. Then I would probably buy out CC's contract. I'd resign DJ. I'd think about signing Glover.

Elden/Nazr

SAR/Wilcox/Hendu

Odom/Diaw

DJ/Hansen/Glover

JT/Dickau

Elden Campbell signed with Detroit anyway.

Diesel still doesn't get it though. Theo Ratliff will not be traded unless the Hawks get a good, young center in return. That's the reality of the situation. Suck it up and quit coming up with trades that will never happen!

"4. His value is high now, he can bring us some players that compliment.

I'm sticking with Theo for Odom/Wilcox."

Actually I agree with you about his value. Although as someone on the board posted this week, the Odom pot busts situation are worrisome. Does anyone have a definitive answer on what would happen if he does get nailed again? Also if we signed Odom to a contract I would insist that some sort of morality clause be inserted if you needed to void it.

Can you tell that I am a Portland fan?

• Premium Member

Hey, KB.

Did you ever wonder why we signed Nazr for 5 years? He's a decent young C. KB, you keep missing the boat too. Theo has done nothing to prove that he's untradable. Especially in a trade that would make us a better team.

Now first thing first..... Theo has played 1 full season but has missed 1 & 1/2 seasons with Injuries. Does this make him untradable. Theo is a 7/7 guy... does this make him untradable. Yes Theo blocks shots, but so what... He doesn't have the defensive team around him to make an impact with his blocks.

Odom on the other hand is a player than can score and handle the ball. He's got length and he's athletic.

• Premium Member

You would miss out on a guy who is smart enough to see the big picture.

As far as Patterson, I went way back in the archives...

Found this:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showthrea...s&Main=3199

I wouldn't call Nazr the WHOLE team... I'd probably still consider that trade now...

Anyway, at different times, I may have posted a trade ideas for anybody. However, different times, different situations.

But....

Asdogg, can you give me a definite reason why Theo is untradeable or even not tradable unless we get a good C back??

I mean BOTH statements are stupid.

If you say... We must get a C back... Then what if all the sudden the Lakers offer Kobe for Theo??

Oh, not realistic enough...

Ok, What if Dallas says: Finley and a first for Theo.

What if Memphis says: Swift/Battier/Knight for Theo/CC.

What if Milwaukee say: D Mason/Toni for Theo...

My point is that there are a whole lot of trades that can be done that won't yield us a game winning C...

By that same token, Theo doesn't win us games.

I think my point is made....

However if you want to talk about Judgement Asdogg.. I don't have to look to three years ago to see your failings... Just the other day you stated that Diaw is a TALL PG? I never acknowledged that post of yours because it makes no sense. You actually expect Diaw to come in and play the hardest position on the floor. You guys make me laugh. I'm really glad that your nonsense isn't what's running the team. I mean sheez, this guy would lead the league in turnovers. He's a SF/SG. Personally, I think he's much to nonaggressive to be effective in this league. Why do you think he dropped out of two straight drafts. Teams told him:

1. You can't shoot.

2. You're not aggressive with the ball.

Neither of those things changed. The only thing that changed was the success of guys like Parker and Gasol. However, like any fad, there are some good things and some bad things to come out of it. Whoose to say he won't be the next Ojedija or whatever that guy's name is. Or whoose to say he won't be the next Tshikittsvili.