• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok, what was the problem with the Hawks this year?

Brotha2ThaNite

I still think if was coaching and some to do with young players. I still think we won those playoff game because of The Crazy full and Loud Phillips. That put those guys back in that college atmosphere. We had them so hyped!

I still think it was up to Woody and the players to bring it to that leave away. They could not do it. God lets hope that the playoffs did help this team grow so they don't have to depend on Woody/coaching staff to get them hype for away games.

anyways... I'm very happy to say we did better then Det and the Lakers against Boston. lol

If the fans come out half of what they did in the playoff... Our home court will be looking very good on the winning side.

GO HAWKS!

I too think it was the coaching. I questioned in the beginning of the season if Woody knew how to use all the talent. Also, the Speedy injury hurt us for the second year. Instead of looking for a big at the trade deadline, we ended up looking for a PG.

and that directly correlates to us being a young team. Woody coaches the same, preaches the same, substitutes the same, etc. and the only thing that really changes from game to game are how the players listen and prepare and how much effort they give in each game. Clearly when they truly focus and do what they have been coached to do they can beat the best team in the world multiple times with Woody coaching them but they can also be blown out by the best team in the world multiple times with Woody coaching them. So what changed? A home crowd alone will not win you the game on a regular basis but what it definitely does is get you more focused and keeps you concentrating throughout the game more, especially as a young team.

I honestly believe that our natural progression of becoming more seasoned and now having some playoff experience will lead to us being more consistent on the road and that alone will make us a much better team. This year we finally made the leap to being one of the better home teams and next year we should start to become a better road team.