• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Sund: STRIKE TWO

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe there is a NBA out in his contract with Barcelona, I guess it would give us a chance to sign him next year, or even makes his rights a bit more valuable to trade to someone else...

That's what I'm hoping for.

He'd essentially replace Zaza next year.

It would be interesting to have an Aussie on our roster but I still say he didn't fit a need. Not to harp on the gravy days of Fratello (which is not so great compared to other organizations), but those teams took few three pointers. Most of their points came off transition baskets and post scoring, which is where I would like to see the majority of our points come from. Horford needs more chances to score with his back to the basket.

Quote:

Most of their points came off transition baskets and post scoring, which is where I would like to see the majority of our points come from. Horford needs more chances to score with his back to the basket.

Yep mate I wouldnt mind this either. However, for Horford to be able to score in the post, we need the 3pt threat to give him the space. If they double AH, then we need to make them pay by passing the ball to the open shooter, if they decide not to double then Al gets to go 1 on 1 in the post. If we have JS at the 3 (without a shooting 4/5), I think teams would be happy to have his defender double in the post and leave Josh to attempt the 3.

Australian Boomers forward David Andersen has placed a remarkable $5 million price tag on himself to join the NBA next season.

I read this also but i know for a fact that the reporter has no facts to backup the 5 million claim. i have spoken with a family member who has told me he was willing to go to Atlanta if he got a verbal offer of 2-3 million.

Quote:

I read this also but i know for a fact that the reporter has no facts to backup the 5 million claim. i have spoken with a family member who has told me he was willing to go to Atlanta if he got a verbal offer of 2-3 million.

Were you able to get a reason on why he was unable to get a verbal agreement? Were Atlanta not interested, or was that price (2-3 mill) above what the Hawks were offering??

I was told it was because they are looking to re-signing some players first.

David was weighing up options for NBA with Atlanta this year as he was looking forward to the challenge of heading to the NBA, unfortunately with New management coming into the team and the task of re-signing some stars the timing was bad and David had to put things on hold.

"It was disappointing how things fell through with Atlanta this year, hopefully things will work out in the future." David said.

this is from his website.