• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Phoenix Lesson, Atlanta's Turn

Hawk88

I think it's interesting that the Hawks find themselves is precisely the same positon that the Suns were in 3 years ago. Looking back on the sign and trade for Joe Johnson is there any doubt that Billy Knight made a great move? He sent two 1st round pics of little value, since he was smart enough to protect the pics just right. Lot of luck but it worked for the Hawks.

Hawks get Joe Johnson, All-Star

Phoenix- 2 First rounders (I don't se much value at all in them)

Boris Diaw (Signed to a ridiculous contract) Ouch

Big win for the Hawks on the trade...

Today the Hawks are going to have to make a decision about Josh Smith. Is he going to be the player Joe Johnson is? I personally am not sold that Josh will have the combination of discipline and maturity to rival Johnson.

But if Josh is given a max or close to max contract by someone, do the Hawks match? I dont' hear folks talking about it but this was Josh's free agent season and it was good but inconsistent. When he signs this next big contract is he going to kick back, revert to bad habits and be moody? Question that you have to think about.

Or will the Hawks be tempted to sign and trade him?

Lets see what the new GM does with the cheap ASG. Sund seems to have a good ability to trade. BK pulled some pretty good trades as well. It will be interested to see what the Hawks will do now that they have seen what happened to Phoenix trying to save a buck and get lucky. It didn't work for them.

Hawk88