• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you go after VC?

phoostal

With New Jersey looking to clear cap room to make room for LeBron in a couple years, as well as get younger, would the Hawks make a play to get Vince Carter?

It was reported on Sportscenter today that the Caviliers offered Wally Szberiak for VC on draft night. New Jersey turned them down. Wally is in the last year of his contract by the way.

I was thinking a combination of M. Williams and some other ending contracts could get us VC. That would be an impressive front line. Horford, Smith, and Carter. Add Johnson and possibly Bibby. That lineup should make some noise.

I think it might be worth inquiring about.

P

No. Believe it or not I actually think Vince is a worse defender than Marvin b/c I think Marvin actually tries. Vince is a volume shooter, also. I'd rather try and get a better all around talent like a Tayshaun Prince or a Gerald Wallace if we are looking to add a starting SF.

Another reason, no, is b/c Vince has 4 more years left on his deal making in the $15M range.

I think if we get to a point where we are motivated to move Marvin that we can get a more cap friendly, all around player than Vince.

I agree with the defense part of it, I'm thinking more of half court offense. We would be hard to defend. There would be no more sitting around and watching Joe try to bail us out in the half court offense. I feel that Smith and Horford could help out with weak side defense to counter Carter's defensive lapses.

However, you do have a point about his contract. But if we resign Smith and Childress we could use mid level exemption to help strength bench. Similar to Boston. It's a thought.

P

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=

Nets would make this deal in a second i know that, if their after cash. thats 18 mil expiring right there. We gain Sean Williams at Center who isnt a vet but could be a big part of out future at Center, also Sean Expires soon and like i said if nets wont money, they wont be able to pay sean much more anyway and they just got Loopez at Center. we get carter and boone is there for money balace. But then again if bibby isnt playing goood and since the owners dont like to go over the cap, id like that 18 mil at the end of the season.

PG Acie (well probably speedy)

SG Joe Johnson

SF Vince Carter

PF Al Horford

C Sean Williams

6th Josh Chilldress / Marvin Williams

Quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...17~17&te=&cash=

Nets would make this deal in a second i know that, if their after cash. thats 18 mil expiring right there. We gain Sean Williams at Center who isnt a vet but could be a big part of out future at Center, also Sean Expires soon and like i said if nets wont money, they wont be able to pay sean much more anyway and they just got Loopez at Center. we get carter and boone is there for money balace. But then again if bibby isnt playing goood and since the owners dont like to go over the cap, id like that 18 mil at the end of the season.

PG Acie (well probably speedy)

SG Joe Johnson

SF Vince Carter

PF Al Horford

C Sean Williams

6th Josh Chilldress / Marvin Williams

Where is Smoove in your equation? Traded? Bench?