• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics offer Maggette contract

Swish

As a celtics fan, Id much rather have Posey back than Maggette. Maggette is better offensively, but with Pierce, Allen, KG and possibly Sam Cassell, will he ever get his shots? Posey brings what the Celtics need: veteran leadership, a tall (2 inches taller) athletic player of the bench to provide energy defensively, someone who has been there before. Maggette has been the first or second option for most of his career, has played in 12 total playoff games (less than half what the Cs played this season alone), doesnt play a lot of D and so far hasnt shown that he cares that much about winning.

Quote:

As a celtics fan, Id much rather have Posey back than Maggette. Maggette is better offensively, but with Pierce, Allen, KG and possibly Sam Cassell, will he ever get his shots? Posey brings what the Celtics need: veteran leadership, a tall (2 inches taller) athletic player of the bench to provide energy defensively, someone who has been there before. Maggette has been the first or second option for most of his career, has played in 12 total playoff games (less than half what the Cs played this season alone), doesnt play a lot of D and so far hasnt shown that he cares that much about winning.

Bingo. Posey is a winner. Maggette is a whiner. He made a huge scene year before last when Dunleavy was trying to use him as a 6th man. Big freaking deal. It's not like he was talking about bringing Lebron or Jordan off the bench!

Maggette has also been injury prone his entire career.

I swear the funniest thing that I remember hearing from watching League Pass games last year was from a Celtics broadcast:

Play by play guy: "You know I remember talking to the former Clippers coach (I think it was Chris Ford) about how he knew things had really changed in the league with players playing through injuries. He said that Corey Maggette had to miss a week because he had developed an ingrown toenail from a botched pedicure. So was that ever a problem when you were playing Tommy"?

Tommy Heinsohn: "Oh yeah...Sure! We always had problems with guys having bad pedicures!"

Nuff said.

Quote:

Quote:

Bingo. Posey is a winner. Maggette is a whiner. He made a huge scene year before last when Dunleavy was trying to use him as a 6th man. Big freaking deal. It's not like he was talking about bringing Lebron or Jordan off the bench!

Maggette has also been injury prone his entire career.

I swear the funniest thing that I remember hearing from watching League Pass games last year was from a Celtics broadcast:

Play by play guy: "You know I remember talking to the former Clippers coach (I think it was Chris Ford) about how he knew things had really changed in the league with players playing through injuries. He said that Corey Maggette had to miss a week because he had developed an ingrown toenail from a botched pedicure. So was that ever a problem when you were playing Tommy"?

Tommy Heinsohn: "Oh yeah...Sure! We always had problems with guys having bad pedicures!"

Nuff said.

I don't see why they go after him with the guys that play in front of him. doesn't make sense? And their cap has got to be out of site.

Quote:

Yeah who wants a 20 ppg sf who goes to the freethrow line regularly? I'd much rather have the 8ppg role player.

Considering the celtics have 3 20ppg players who start (one of them on his position, which meant he would be getting a lot less minutes, and shots), and considering the celtics just won the title with defense and role players that were key in the clutch when the big three let up, ppg is the last thing I would be looking at when trying to sign someone. Maggette has the edge on offense and talent, but Posey has the edge on defense, attitude and effort.

The denver nuggets have shown the world that talent and offensive prowess do not equal greatness.